Hot Flashes, Thrush

Options
Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Have Thrush. Tongue and throat yeast infection. Hot flashes are terrible, unable to sleep more than a few hours since dinner yesterday. No sleep, just rest. Tingling in hands and legs, genera aches and pains. Will taking Tylenol help? Hello all night owls.

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I don't know if tylenol will
    I don't know if tylenol will help all of your symptoms, but it does seem to make me sleepy--especially when I have pain.

My night shift workers also swear that nyquil helps them with an occasional sleepness night. There are products with benadryl out there, but they make me sleep restlessly (I know I'm weird). And a little melatonin sometimes helps me fall asleep faster.

Of course, it is now the morning and the most important thing to do is to call your doctor and share all of your symptoms with him/her!

Hope you are feeling better. Cyberhugs your way and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Options

I don't know if tylenol will
    I don't know if tylenol will help all of your symptoms, but it does seem to make me sleepy--especially when I have pain.

My night shift workers also swear that nyquil helps them with an occasional sleepness night. There are products with benadryl out there, but they make me sleep restlessly (I know I'm weird). And a little melatonin sometimes helps me fall asleep faster.

Of course, it is now the morning and the most important thing to do is to call your doctor and share all of your symptoms with him/her!

Hope you are feeling better. Cyberhugs your way and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Aches and pains
    Going to see Onc. at 1:15 today. Will let him know what is going on. No have aches and pains, chills then when I get warm the hot flashes start. Going to take Tylenol. Want to try to keep active. Feel cold, Will have cup of tea; take Tylenol and see about eating something for lunch before seeing him. This sucks.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options

Aches and pains
    Going to see Onc. at 1:15 today. Will let him know what is going on. No have aches and pains, chills then when I get warm the hot flashes start. Going to take Tylenol. Want to try to keep active. Feel cold, Will have cup of tea; take Tylenol and see about eating something for lunch before seeing him. This sucks.

I'm sorry you're feeling so
    I'm sorry you're feeling so bad Jean. Hopefully your doctor can help get you some relief. My hot flashes are TERRIBLE. Almost 2 weeks since my 6th & final chemo and they're still going strong.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • CypressCynthia
    Options

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad Jean. Hopefully your doctor can help get you some relief. My hot flashes are TERRIBLE. Almost 2 weeks since my 6th & final chemo and they're still going strong.
    *hugs*
    Heather

Heather, I hope this helps
    I found that avoiding triggers helped me a lot. My biggest triggers were alcohol and fatigue/stress. Both would make me flush like crazy. It was easy for me to give up alcohol, as I've never been much of a drinker. Fatigue was harder. I went to go to bed earlier and made sure that I got some rest. I slept with 100% cotton sheets and cotton nighties (short sleeved sleep tees like landsend sells are good) or shortie pj's. No blends! I also kept a spare nightie at the bedside in case I woke up soaked.

My physician prescribed an old menopause med called bellergal-s and I took it for about 2 years and it really, really helped with flashes, headaches and irritability--all of which I was having. It was the only choice back then. Low dose antidepressants are commonly used today, but bellergal-s is still around and, for me, it was an excellent alternative.

Here is an great link about hot flashes:
    http://www.breastcancer.org/tips/menopausal/facing/hot_flashes.jsp
  • CypressCynthia
    Options

Aches and pains

It does absolutely suck and
    It does absolutely suck and I am so sorry that you are having a rough patch! Please let us know how you are doing.
  • chriskaput
    chriskaput Member Posts: 109
    Options
    symptoms
    Are you taking anything for the thrush? You will probably need an antifungal medicine. I had to take it since I had thrush three times and it travelled down the throat too. It was painful. As for the sleeping, I took tylenol PM and ate crackers everytime I could't sleep...it was always around 2am! It always got me back to sleep.
    good luck
    hope you feel better soon.
    hugs,
    Chris.
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Options

*hugs*
    Heather

Flushes
    When seeing the Onc. today the receptionist couldn't believer how wet I was from the hot flashes. Onc. was not surprised and said all my side effects are "normal". Was good to hear that. When in the store the other day people actually stared at me because I was so wet. Hoping to get some rest tonight. Been up for two nights now. Got the anti fungal for the Thrush, using it 4 times a day.