I had it on the first of Oct. Still sore with chapped like feeling &
yesterday some shooting pain.
How long till the soreness goes away?

Comments

• heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    sorry, i did not have a lumpectomy. . .
    i had a mastectomy, so i can't answer your question. with the board messed up with the spammer's postings, you might have to wait until tomorrow to get some answers. hang in there, it's not normally like this here!
  • kya911
    kya911 Member Posts: 157
    Options
    heidijez said:

sorry, i did not have a lumpectomy. . .
    i had a mastectomy, so i can't answer your question. with the board messed up with the spammer's postings, you might have to wait until tomorrow to get some answers. hang in there, it's not normally like this here!

Heid
    Thank you no problem.
    It just hurts to have any material touch it.
    It feels like something is pulling the nipple upward & hurtssssssssss
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    kya911 said:

Heid
    Thank you no problem.
    It just hurts to have any material touch it.
    It feels like something is pulling the nipple upward & hurtssssssssss

Can't help you - I'm IBC so
    Can't help you - I'm IBC so lumpectomy was not an option.

Hopefuly 'they' will finally get the spammer taken care of.
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    Options
    had a lot of nerve
    had a lot of nerve (shooting) pain after mine. 3 weeks later, i was getting better though. are you doing your exercises? i guess, it was also the middle of summer, so it may have been a little easier, less clothes!
    everyone needs their alloted time to heal though! hang in there! i swear it gets better :)

carrie :)
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Everyone heals
    at a different rate. The shooting pain is something that will happen as the nerves are healing and regenerating. At least that is what I was told. I had my lumpectomy in April and still have the pains off and on. Have you seen your surgeon since the lumpectomy? If you are really concerned you should call him/her. The surgeon should be more than willing to see you if you think there is a problem. That is their job so don't feel like you are being annoying. I'm sure it will put your mind at ease.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • kya911
    Options
    ladyg said:

Everyone heals
    at a different rate. The shooting pain is something that will happen as the nerves are healing and regenerating. At least that is what I was told. I had my lumpectomy in April and still have the pains off and on. Have you seen your surgeon since the lumpectomy? If you are really concerned you should call him/her. The surgeon should be more than willing to see you if you think there is a problem. That is their job so don't feel like you are being annoying. I'm sure it will put your mind at ease.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Thank you all, for your
    Thank you all, for your replies.
    After what you all have said, I can relax seems normal then.
    Thank You Again
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

Everyone heals

Hugs,
    Georgia

It is probably just your
    It is probably just your nerves healing. You might call your surgeon and talk to him if you are concerned. But, I bet it is just normal. Let us know.

Sue :)
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Been there.........
    I think many of us have experienced this with a lumpectomy......I was very lucky....I honestly didn't have much pain but OHHHHHH the sensitivity!!!!!!!! It about drove me nuts! I, at first, wore my husbands cotton undershirts around the house...but even that was irritating.....finally, I noticed that when I went out and wore a bra, the sensitivity was much, much less....Figured out that because the breast was "contained" in the bra nothing rubbed it thus reducing the sensitivity.......so my answer was......I word a soft 100% cotton bra, No underwire, all the time.......it took about 6-8 weeks before I noticed a significant decrease in the sensitivity. What a relief!

Hang on, it does get better with time....
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    Fluid Build-up
    My wife had two centinal nodes removed, and they don't put in drains when you only have two or three nodes removed, so she had some fluid build up. Her doctor removed some of the fluid with a syringe which helped reduce her pain. Just a suggestion.

Bob
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    MAJW said:

Been there.........
    I think many of us have experienced this with a lumpectomy......I was very lucky....I honestly didn't have much pain but OHHHHHH the sensitivity!!!!!!!! It about drove me nuts! I, at first, wore my husbands cotton undershirts around the house...but even that was irritating.....finally, I noticed that when I went out and wore a bra, the sensitivity was much, much less....Figured out that because the breast was "contained" in the bra nothing rubbed it thus reducing the sensitivity.......so my answer was......I word a soft 100% cotton bra, No underwire, all the time.......it took about 6-8 weeks before I noticed a significant decrease in the sensitivity. What a relief!

Hang on, it does get better with time....

It will get better with
    It will get better with time, just try to be patient. You have to remember that you have just had surgery and your body is healing. Hope it feels better soon.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Hubby said:

Fluid Build-up
    My wife had two centinal nodes removed, and they don't put in drains when you only have two or three nodes removed, so she had some fluid build up. Her doctor removed some of the fluid with a syringe which helped reduce her pain. Just a suggestion.

Bob

Well, I wish I knew too!
    Had my lumpectomy, axillary node dissection (23 nodes removed) and a re-excision for clean margins back in Dec. '09. Still have pain, swelling, fluid and those "needles coming from the inside out" types of pains. My surgeon said the chemo and rads make the healing process even tougher. I'm trying to be patient, but geeesh--enough already!

Hang in there--what else can we do?

Hugs, Renee
  • kya911
    Options
    missrenee said:

Well, I wish I knew too!
    Had my lumpectomy, axillary node dissection (23 nodes removed) and a re-excision for clean margins back in Dec. '09. Still have pain, swelling, fluid and those "needles coming from the inside out" types of pains. My surgeon said the chemo and rads make the healing process even tougher. I'm trying to be patient, but geeesh--enough already!

Hang in there--what else can we do?

Hugs, Renee

Thank you all.

Thank you all.
  • kya911
    Options
    kya911 said:

Thank you all.

Thank you all.

Invasive
    Infiltrating Ductal