Plans for Halloween?

Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

We're taking our girls trick
    We're taking our girls trick or treating through our neighborhood. Lia (the baby) will be a bumble bee and Camryn (9 yrs) is going as a big baby - zip up 1 footed pajamas, bonnet, bib and all! I'm so glad she loves the costume aspect of halloween and isn't wanting to dress up in the very mature looking costumes they have out for young girls. Her best costume ever was 2 years ago when she dressed up as Slash - the curly haired guitarist from Guns n Roses - best ever! Our neighborhood is pretty close-knit - we live out in the county, it's not quite "country", but not a subdivision either. We just take them down our street & the street behind us & they get enough candy to last me through a year's worth of pms. Hopefully the weather will be decent here. And with the colder weather here I so love cooking up some of my chili. I also have a swiss steak meal that was my favorite meal mom made when i was a kid, that now is my daughter's favorite meal that I make - that is definately a good hearty winter comfort food :)
    *hugs*
    Heather

Contributing to parent's
    Contributing to parent's dental bill for their kids with the candy we give out. LOL

Going to some friends over the weekend for grown up fun.

Happy Halloween everyone!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Thanks Vicki Sam. One of my
    Thanks Vicki Sam. One of my neighbors gave me a Halloween light for my window that she handpainted herself. How sweet is that! Karma will get the other creeps.

What is going on with the Saints and Vikings? They are looking like college rather than pro. Yikes! I still wouldn't ever boo the Saints this year--not after what they did last year. I'll let em ride on that for at least 5 years ;-)

Drew Bree and the Saints will be one of the 'Super
    Bowl' play off teams. No doubt, I think they are just trying to find their groove without Reggie Bush. I would never ever .... I mean never boo them! Wow, go figure.

Happy Dancing my way to USC and Ducks game tomorrow!

Vicki Sam
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Drew Bree and the Saints will be one of the 'Super
    Bowl' play off teams. No doubt, I think they are just trying to find their groove without Reggie Bush. I would never ever .... I mean never boo them! Wow, go figure.

Happy Dancing my way to USC and Ducks game tomorrow!

Vicki Sam

Have a fun and safe Halloween!
    ╠╣αppy Ѽ ╠╣αlloween^v^……Boo……^v^……Boo……^v^……Boo……
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

Theft
    I am bummed this am as some evil person stole our 2 Halloween inflatables from our front yard last night.

One was 3 pumpkins and an animated cat that came in and out of the pumpkin. The little ones just loved it--not too scary. The saddest thing for me was that a little special ed boy in my neighborhodd fixated on it and begged my husband every year to hurry and put it up. He could spend hours in front of it saying "cat goes in, cat comes out." And, of course, it is no longer made. I even wrote the company that makes them, but they don't have any either. I looked on ebay, but didn't see it, but I'll keep looking.

The local police were sweet and are trying too.

Just depressing that someone would steal something that made the littlest ones so happy. GRRRRRRR!

Cynthia
    That is truly a bummer! Can't get over how brazen some people are. I'm sorry the boy no longer has your blow ups to watch. What a shame )-:
    {{hugs}} Char
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Karie
    The candy is bought and hubby & I will hand it out to all the little kids on our street. We have no street lights so parents walk with flashlights with their kids. We also live on a very steep hill and our driveway is 210' long. The bummer is I don't get to see my grandkids in their costumes because they live 45 min away! My daughter-in-law is due any day. Actual due date is Nov. 2. I have chemo #5 that day so I'm hoping my granddaughter is born on Monday not on Halloween. This is their 4th child and the first to go full term. So, it's possible I might have a Halloween granddaughter......
    Char
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Karie
    The candy is bought and hubby & I will hand it out to all the little kids on our street. We have no street lights so parents walk with flashlights with their kids. We also live on a very steep hill and our driveway is 210' long. The bummer is I don't get to see my grandkids in their costumes because they live 45 min away! My daughter-in-law is due any day. Actual due date is Nov. 2. I have chemo #5 that day so I'm hoping my granddaughter is born on Monday not on Halloween. This is their 4th child and the first to go full term. So, it's possible I might have a Halloween granddaughter......
    Char

Have Fun
    Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Down sizing a bit this year, making a nice big pot of Chili. Spending the day the with my husband. The kids are all working :( I am saddend by this. Hopefully we will have some little cuties at our door. Take care, Nancy