Have we heard from Texas yet?

Options
TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm so excited to hear how their gathering went today -- and, most importantly, to see some PICTURES!!

The board has been so messed up today, I hope a post from them hasn't just been lost in Spamapalooza.

Texas ladies -- let us know how your day was, give us some dirt, we want to hear about Cancer Chicks Behaving Badly!

(in other words...make up something good -- LIE TO US, if you have to :-)

Traci

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Traci, you're hilarious!!
    Sorry to burst your bubble dearie but there was no dirt...no misbehavin'...in fact it was just little 'ol me. I got there at around 12:35 at El Chaperal and I know the group had dwindled down to Menda, her hubby, and myself. They were traveling from a much farther distance than myself so I'm not sure if I missed them.

I did stay for over an hour and enjoyed a delicioso lunch! The restaurant is an old Texas landmark with several rooms. I stayed in the front room so I can spot them but didn't see anyone who looked like they were looking for someone. So, watch them have been like 20 feet away the whole time! Just my luck

I do hope they are safe and enjoying the beautiful, quaint town of Boerne.

I sure am sorry I missed them and all the other Sisters who couldn't make it. We will definitely try again soon!!!

So, the only pic you would have seen was me tearing into the chips and salsa...HA! Not a pretty sight.

Blessings to all,

Sylvia
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    sea60 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble dearie but there was no dirt...no misbehavin'...in fact it was just little 'ol me. I got there at around 12:35 at El Chaperal and I know the group had dwindled down to Menda, her hubby, and myself. They were traveling from a much farther distance than myself so I'm not sure if I missed them.

I did stay for over an hour and enjoyed a delicioso lunch! The restaurant is an old Texas landmark with several rooms. I stayed in the front room so I can spot them but didn't see anyone who looked like they were looking for someone. So, watch them have been like 20 feet away the whole time! Just my luck

I sure am sorry I missed them and all the other Sisters who couldn't make it. We will definitely try again soon!!!

So, the only pic you would have seen was me tearing into the chips and salsa...HA! Not a pretty sight.

Blessings to all,

Sylvia

i too was wondering how the lunch went . . .
    sad that the others couldn't make it, but glad that at least you got a good lunch!
  • Menda
    Menda Member Posts: 128
    Options
    heidijez said:

i too was wondering how the lunch went . . .
    sad that the others couldn't make it, but glad that at least you got a good lunch!

I feel so bad. Hubby and I
    I feel so bad. Hubby and I were in the er with food poising and didn't make it. I HATE ranch dressing. My thoughts were there though . It was my birthday weekend. We had b&b reservations in Greene. Bags were packed. It just didn't turn out as we had planned. Again I am so sorry. We left the er about 10:00 that morning. They gave me a shot and it almost immediately stopped and knocked me out. Hubby got pills. He is taking a little longer to recover. I think I might try toast today. . My birthday has gone just like this year, it sucked. Looking forward to 2011. Again I am so very very sorry. 
  • sea60
    Options
    Menda said:

I feel so bad. Hubby and I
    I feel so bad. Hubby and I were in the er with food poising and didn't make it. I HATE ranch dressing. My thoughts were there though . It was my birthday weekend. We had b&b reservations in Greene. Bags were packed. It just didn't turn out as we had planned. Again I am so sorry. We left the er about 10:00 that morning. They gave me a shot and it almost immediately stopped and knocked me out. Hubby got pills. He is taking a little longer to recover. I think I might try toast today. . My birthday has gone just like this year, it sucked. Looking forward to 2011. Again I am so very very sorry. 

OMG!!
    Don't be!!! I was more concerned about you guys coming from all that way. Heck, I'm in Boerne all the time.

I am soooo sorry YOU guys had to endure that, especially on your birthday weekend. I sure hope you feel better soon.

ANYTIME you find yourselves coming down this way, maybe even to Boerne, please don't hestitate to let me know and I will meet you...anytime!

And once you do feel better, you and your Hubby NEED to go and celebrate big time!!! Just no Ranch dressing...LOL

Love you and take care!

Sylvia
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

OMG!!
    Don't be!!! I was more concerned about you guys coming from all that way. Heck, I'm in Boerne all the time.

I am soooo sorry YOU guys had to endure that, especially on your birthday weekend. I sure hope you feel better soon.

ANYTIME you find yourselves coming down this way, maybe even to Boerne, please don't hestitate to let me know and I will meet you...anytime!

And once you do feel better, you and your Hubby NEED to go and celebrate big time!!! Just no Ranch dressing...LOL

Love you and take care!

Sylvia

So sorry it was just lil' ol' you, Sylvia
    Sylvia, I'm so sorry you were all by yourself! I LOVE Mexican food anytime, anywhere -- I would have been right there, fighting with you over the chips and salsa, if I lived closer!

And Menda...I believe I asked you all to make up something GOOD, perhaps even naughty -- food poisoning is NEITHER! I'm so sorry for what you and your husband had to endure.

What happened to Marcia? She spent so much time and care organizing this gathering -- I guess I just assumed she would be the guest of honor?

Traci
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    sea60 said:

Blessings to all,

Sylvia

Oh I'm so sorry you were
    Oh I'm so sorry you were alone! I guess this weekend turned out to be a bad one.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

So sorry it was just lil' ol' you, Sylvia
    Sylvia, I'm so sorry you were all by yourself! I LOVE Mexican food anytime, anywhere -- I would have been right there, fighting with you over the chips and salsa, if I lived closer!

And Menda...I believe I asked you all to make up something GOOD, perhaps even naughty -- food poisoning is NEITHER! I'm so sorry for what you and your husband had to endure.

What happened to Marcia? She spent so much time and care organizing this gathering -- I guess I just assumed she would be the guest of honor?

Traci

I couldn't make it either. I
    I couldn't make it either. I guess this turned into a bad day to have it.

Poor Menda! Hope you are feeling better now!
  • sea60
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Oh I'm so sorry you were
    Oh I'm so sorry you were alone! I guess this weekend turned out to be a bad one.

I totally understand
    and please, don't feel bad not for one minute. Stuff happens. Plus, I had a great lunch :P And right after that I went to my sister's house (she lives in Boerne) and had a wonderful visit.

Take care all!

We'll try this again soon.

Sylvia
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    sea60 said:

I totally understand
    and please, don't feel bad not for one minute. Stuff happens. Plus, I had a great lunch :P And right after that I went to my sister's house (she lives in Boerne) and had a wonderful visit.

Take care all!

We'll try this again soon.

Sylvia

Sounds like it turned out to
    Sounds like it turned out to be a bad Sat. I am glad you still had a good lunch Sylvia. My grandsons birthday party was yesterday which is why I could not come and it got rained out almost completely, kids still had a blast but it was crazy having that many inside instead of out! Hopefully we can plan something again. Menda hope you and your husband feel better soon God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice