Sore throat after treatments

Options
terryscarlett
terryscarlett Member Posts: 143
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Dave finished up all treatments 1 week ago. He has a really sore throat still. Any suggestions on what he can do to soothe his throat? I thought maybe some honey or something like that to coat his throat. He is still on feeding tube and taking only ice water orally. Any help is much appreciated> Hope all are having a good weekend!
Terry

Comments

• RushFan
    RushFan Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Liquid HC
    I was using liquid hydrocodone from week four of treatments until four weeks after. My procedure was to put an icecube in a cup, pour the LHC over the ice, add a little water to "cut it down" a little and sip. I found it to be a soothing on-contact painkiller. I was also on Fentanyl patches.

Best to you both.
    Chuck.
  • terryscarlett
    terryscarlett Member Posts: 143
    Options
    RushFan said:

Liquid HC
    I was using liquid hydrocodone from week four of treatments until four weeks after. My procedure was to put an icecube in a cup, pour the LHC over the ice, add a little water to "cut it down" a little and sip. I found it to be a soothing on-contact painkiller. I was also on Fentanyl patches.

Best to you both.
    Chuck.

Chuck
    thanks for the info Dave says the thick mucus is driving him crazy also. He is taking extra strength mucinex D, not helping much as it did before. I don't know what else we could try. He goes back to doc Monday I will ask about the liquid hydrocodone though and thanks again.
    Terry