When Is Enough, Enough?

Options
2»

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    I agree Judy,
    waiting is difficult. But having to wait that long, well, that's not right. I agree to call every hour on the hour. They will soon tire of that and rush your reports through.

Praying that all is good! Hope you've heard something by now.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Judy, just want you to know
    Judy, just want you to know I'm thinking about you and praying that all is well. Sorry you have had this awful wait. xoxoxox Lynn
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Judy, just want you to know
    Judy, just want you to know I'm thinking about you and praying that all is well. Sorry you have had this awful wait. xoxoxox Lynn

Judy .. Yes .. excellent suggestions made ...
    walk, drive or fly over to hospital - stand there with fold up chair in hand, lunch bag and 2 gallons of water -- just in case you have a long wait .. and get copies .. if the hospital will not release them -- even tho you are the patient - get your doctor on the phone .. asap .. it's Friday and enough is enough.

Stength and Courage

♥.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸ Vicki Sam ♩♫♬♪♥.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Judy .. Yes .. excellent suggestions made ...
    walk, drive or fly over to hospital - stand there with fold up chair in hand, lunch bag and 2 gallons of water -- just in case you have a long wait .. and get copies .. if the hospital will not release them -- even tho you are the patient - get your doctor on the phone .. asap .. it's Friday and enough is enough.

Stength and Courage

An Answer
    I followed your instructions....all of you were so kind to reinforce my thoughts in that two weeks (actually almost three weeks) was too long to wait for results. I got on the phone early this morning, 8:00 AM to be exact, and just hung up (I refused to hang up until I had an answer - 2hours and 45 minutes later). The MRI showed "nothing of concern", so now I am waiting on another callback after the nurse talks with the neurologist to see what the next step will be to try to uncover what is causing this excruciting pain in my jaw. Looks like I am in for another round of something, but will gladly do what is necessary to stop the hurt. (This has been going on since July 2008.) You would think that this problem has been seen before, as I surely can't be the only person in the world who has had this complaint. Thank you all for your help and concern, but at least I now have a load lifted that it isn't a brain tumor. That's a relief....now let's find the problem. Hugs to all, Judy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options

An Answer
    I followed your instructions....all of you were so kind to reinforce my thoughts in that two weeks (actually almost three weeks) was too long to wait for results. I got on the phone early this morning, 8:00 AM to be exact, and just hung up (I refused to hang up until I had an answer - 2hours and 45 minutes later). The MRI showed "nothing of concern", so now I am waiting on another callback after the nurse talks with the neurologist to see what the next step will be to try to uncover what is causing this excruciting pain in my jaw. Looks like I am in for another round of something, but will gladly do what is necessary to stop the hurt. (This has been going on since July 2008.) You would think that this problem has been seen before, as I surely can't be the only person in the world who has had this complaint. Thank you all for your help and concern, but at least I now have a load lifted that it isn't a brain tumor. That's a relief....now let's find the problem. Hugs to all, Judy

GREAT news!!
    And, yes, what a relief for you Judy. I hope they can find the cause and get to taking care of the problem soon. Keep on them, sometimes it's the only way to get results. Good luck and we're here for you. Take care.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options

An Answer

:-)
    ..♪♫•*¨*•.♥ ¸¸¸♥ ¸.•*
    (`'•.¸ (`'•.¸*¤* ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
    ♥*** (= ♥ PTL ♥ =)***♥
    (¸.•'´ (¸.•'´*¤* `'•.¸) `'•.¸) Oh Judy I am so glad you got answers before the day's end and extremely glad it was good news regarding no brain tumor. I had horrible jar problems and had to see a dentist for one of those circular head exrays and it turns out I had TMJ and had to wear a mouth guard when I slept and for a period during the day. Anyway my dear happy to hear you got results!

RE
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

GREAT news!!
    And, yes, what a relief for you Judy. I hope they can find the cause and get to taking care of the problem soon. Keep on them, sometimes it's the only way to get results. Good luck and we're here for you. Take care.

Fantastic!
    Thank goodness you finally got an answer.
    My husband has jaw pain and his doc seems to think it's his salvitory gland, but it is impossible to get him to follow up on his health.
    His pain however is'nt constant so he only thinks about going back to the doc when it acts up.
    I hope you get some relief soon, and that they can find out what is wrong.
    Take care sister....Karie
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options

An Answer

hooray for the good news!
    what wonderful words to hear - you don't have a brain tumor!!! i am sorry that you still have no answers to the cause of your pain, but hang in there!

hugs to you from heidi
  • creampuff91344
    Options
    heidijez said:

hooray for the good news!
    what wonderful words to hear - you don't have a brain tumor!!! i am sorry that you still have no answers to the cause of your pain, but hang in there!

hugs to you from heidi

Follow up
    A follow up phone call from the neurologist says that my pain is from Trigeminal Neuralgia (irritation of the Trigeminal Nerve), and that there is little or nothing that can be done to relieve the pain it causes. I am being referred to a Neurosurgeon for a second opinion, and we will see what he recommends. I do wear a mouth guard on my upper teeth, and it does relieve the pain somewhat, but it is always there. Maybe this new referral will help with getting me more comfortable. Just glad to know it wasn't "in my head", and that there truly is a reason for my constant pain. This is a step forward. Thank you all so much for your concern, and for positive support. Hugs, Judy
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

An Answer

I am dancing!!!
    Have you asked your dentist? Now, don't laugh...I have SEVERE TMJ...jaw hurts all the time, popping, etc, when I am stressed...

If you have already done this, just write this off to the ramblings of an old lady!!!!

BIG hugs,

Kathi
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

An Answer

Judy
    glad that you finally got an answer even if you had to stay on the phone that long. OMG! I couldn't have done it. I hope you find out what's causing the pain in your jaw though. Oooh, I just read your other response about the jaw. Ouch!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Judy your right it has been
    Judy your right it has been way to long.. can you call and pick up a copy of the report from were you had the MRI done? then you would know. I don't think it should take this long. How long did they say it would be? The Dr's get these reports within days. Did they send a copy to your PC maybe they can tell you some thing. I'm sorry. I hope you get the report before the weekend. Take care Kay
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options

Judy your right it has been
    Judy your right it has been way to long.. can you call and pick up a copy of the report from were you had the MRI done? then you would know. I don't think it should take this long. How long did they say it would be? The Dr's get these reports within days. Did they send a copy to your PC maybe they can tell you some thing. I'm sorry. I hope you get the report before the weekend. Take care Kay

Oops I guess I should have
    Oops I guess I should have read all the way to the bottom first Duh. LOL
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Follow up
    A follow up phone call from the neurologist says that my pain is from Trigeminal Neuralgia (irritation of the Trigeminal Nerve), and that there is little or nothing that can be done to relieve the pain it causes. I am being referred to a Neurosurgeon for a second opinion, and we will see what he recommends. I do wear a mouth guard on my upper teeth, and it does relieve the pain somewhat, but it is always there. Maybe this new referral will help with getting me more comfortable. Just glad to know it wasn't "in my head", and that there truly is a reason for my constant pain. This is a step forward. Thank you all so much for your concern, and for positive support. Hugs, Judy

So Glad You
    finally got an answer! Have you considered seeing an accupunturist? Maybe they can help with the pain? If the neruosurgeon doesn't have any suggestions, I'd look into alternative medicine treatment. I'm sure someone, somewhere has had success with something?

Good luck. Keep us posted:)

Blessings,
    Sally
  • creampuff91344
    Options

Oops I guess I should have
    Oops I guess I should have read all the way to the bottom first Duh. LOL

Thanks Everyone
    I will wait to hear from the neurosurgeon....maybe he can suggest something to take care of the pain. Kathi, the first thing I did when this started was see my dentist, and after about $7,000 worth of dental work, he determined it was not dental related. We replaced crowns, peridontal cleaning, x-rays, and even made me a mouth guard to wear at night. Dental is out. The pain is actually in my upper left jaw around the eye tooth. Who knows. Guess I will spend the rest of my life on pain meds. Thanks everyone. Hugs, Judy
  • creampuff91344
    Options

Thanks Everyone
    I will wait to hear from the neurosurgeon....maybe he can suggest something to take care of the pain. Kathi, the first thing I did when this started was see my dentist, and after about $7,000 worth of dental work, he determined it was not dental related. We replaced crowns, peridontal cleaning, x-rays, and even made me a mouth guard to wear at night. Dental is out. The pain is actually in my upper left jaw around the eye tooth. Who knows. Guess I will spend the rest of my life on pain meds. Thanks everyone. Hugs, Judy

Thanks, Sally
    Yes, I have tried accupuncture, and it did relieve the pain somewhat. However, after six weeks, three visits a week, the accupuncturist said that my particular area was hard to get to with the needles, and it would only provide temporary relief. I could continue with these treatments, but when I shared my accupuncture visits with my neurologist, and asked him what he thought, he said, "Well, some people think that when you throw babies into volcanos it will make it rain". That was a direct quote. Guess neurologists don't have a lot of faith in alternative meds. However, my oncologist was the one who recommended the accupuncturist, and even called to make me an appointment herself. I may try that again if nothing else surfaces. Thanks for your advice. Hugs, Judy
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Thanks, Sally
    Yes, I have tried accupuncture, and it did relieve the pain somewhat. However, after six weeks, three visits a week, the accupuncturist said that my particular area was hard to get to with the needles, and it would only provide temporary relief. I could continue with these treatments, but when I shared my accupuncture visits with my neurologist, and asked him what he thought, he said, "Well, some people think that when you throw babies into volcanos it will make it rain". That was a direct quote. Guess neurologists don't have a lot of faith in alternative meds. However, my oncologist was the one who recommended the accupuncturist, and even called to make me an appointment herself. I may try that again if nothing else surfaces. Thanks for your advice. Hugs, Judy

Judy, so glad you found out
    Judy, so glad you found out and that it's not in your head. I remember you talking about this jaw problem before and it sounds so painful.
    I hope you can find some relief with whatever course of action may help.
    Hugs and prayers,
    Wanda
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options

Judy, so glad you found out
    Judy, so glad you found out and that it's not in your head. I remember you talking about this jaw problem before and it sounds so painful.
    I hope you can find some relief with whatever course of action may help.
    Hugs and prayers,
    Wanda

Hi Judy.
    Are you taken any drugs to strenghen your bones? One of the side effects can be nucrosis (sp) of the jaw. I have TMJ so they won't give me those drugs unless I really need it because of that potential side effect.

Roseann
  • creampuff91344
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Hi Judy.
    Are you taken any drugs to strenghen your bones? One of the side effects can be nucrosis (sp) of the jaw. I have TMJ so they won't give me those drugs unless I really need it because of that potential side effect.

Roseann

Roseann
    The only bone strengthening drug I am on is Calcium Citrate +D, which is what most chemo/rad patients take. I am not taking Boniva or any of the other drugs for osteoperosis. Also, Tamoxifen is a bone builder (unlike the AI's which deplete the bones), so whatever is in Tamoxifen is supposed to add to my bone density. This problem started about midway through my six rounds of chemo (TAC) and started as sensitivity of my teeth on the left side. Over the next two years it progressively got worse, feeling like a severe toothache 24/7, and is mainly in my left upper jaw above the eye tooth. It is not in the joint where the upper and lower jaw bones connect. Aftering reading about Trigeminal Neuralga, it sounds like the neurologist has actually hit the nail on the head. There is little treatment for this condition, so we will see if maybe cutting the nerve leading across the upper jaw will give relief. Don't know if that will cause my facial features to "droop", which is a concern, but something has to be out there to relieve the pain. Vicodin does the trick, but surely there are other treatments that are non-narcotic that could ease the pain. We will see. My quest continues, but at least I am not facing metastisis to the brain, which was my major concern. This other is just a pain in the butt (or should I say face). Hugs, Judy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Roseann
    The only bone strengthening drug I am on is Calcium Citrate +D, which is what most chemo/rad patients take. I am not taking Boniva or any of the other drugs for osteoperosis. Also, Tamoxifen is a bone builder (unlike the AI's which deplete the bones), so whatever is in Tamoxifen is supposed to add to my bone density. This problem started about midway through my six rounds of chemo (TAC) and started as sensitivity of my teeth on the left side. Over the next two years it progressively got worse, feeling like a severe toothache 24/7, and is mainly in my left upper jaw above the eye tooth. It is not in the joint where the upper and lower jaw bones connect. Aftering reading about Trigeminal Neuralga, it sounds like the neurologist has actually hit the nail on the head. There is little treatment for this condition, so we will see if maybe cutting the nerve leading across the upper jaw will give relief. Don't know if that will cause my facial features to "droop", which is a concern, but something has to be out there to relieve the pain. Vicodin does the trick, but surely there are other treatments that are non-narcotic that could ease the pain. We will see. My quest continues, but at least I am not facing metastisis to the brain, which was my major concern. This other is just a pain in the butt (or should I say face). Hugs, Judy

Yay .. Judy .. Doing my hap hap happy dance right
    now .. no makeup on, still in my pj's (not a pretty site)! Citrate +D has been added to my shopping list - /! Thank you for the information ...

Truly wonderful news, Creampuff91344 - Miss Judy!