Options
2»

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    mukamom said:

omg!!! typo
    Sorry to freak everyone out...typing skills lack sometimes as proofreading too!! Robert's liver resection was 180,000 after all was said and done(drs, drugs, room board,etc)..NOT 800,000!!!! Ins ended up paying 120,000.

Whew!
    $800,000 is enough to give you a heart attack (which would cost you another $500,000)
    ;-)
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Whew!
    $800,000 is enough to give you a heart attack (which would cost you another $500,000)
    ;-)

Hahahaha Phil
    Funny comment !
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

That's what I think Phil but look to Lori,s post
    175.000 just for colon resection not other organs envolved !May be worth to come to Anderson,s Madrid! they got the same surgery facilities on surgery, not with chemo as most of the US trials are not approved yet by EMEA in this we got a big delay compared with the US.

Hey Pepe
    Just my colon was enough for me. I'd rather have my colon back but who knows what they would charge for that!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Bumping
    Bumping up.
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    My week at Mayo in
    My week at Mayo in Rochester, MN for colon resection (no liver) was 100K
    I throw this into the pot because people tend to think Mayo= major bucks. And although 100K is nothing to sneeze at, I believe it is the going rate. My insurance covered it 100 percent. Shows how much insurance has changed in 2 years- they would still cover it now, but my deductible piece would be 10K.
  • LOUSWIFT
    LOUSWIFT Member Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    cost
    Well lets start with...how many tylenols at $40 dollars a piece did the hospital give you?
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    LOUSWIFT said:

cost
    Well lets start with...how many tylenols at $40 dollars a piece did the hospital give you?

up
    up
  • ADKer
    ADKer Member Posts: 147
    Options
    pepebcn said:

up
    up

cost of liver resection
    For surgeon, radiologist, and any other doctors, less than 24 hours in ICU and 7 days total inpatient at Sloan-Kettering in NYC, $78,000 +/-.