Lymphoma Pain

Newfoundcancer
Newfoundcancer Member Posts: 40
I was wondering what kind of pain lymphoma cancer gives to our bodies?

Pain like burning sensation or just throbing pain?

I know this might be a dumb question, but in the end what should we expect?
«1

Comments

  • Porphy
    Porphy Member Posts: 36
    None for me
    I had a lymph node in my neck, which grew to the size of a baseball in 3 weeks. I had absolutly no pain from it. I had fatigue, my feet itched like they were on fire but no pain. I'm sure you'll hear from several members & all seem to have different scenerios, how much info do you have on the type & grade & procedures to come?

    And there are NO dumb questions !!!

    Linda
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    pain????
    I don't want to sound dumb, but what do you mean by the end? Are you saying what I think you are saying? Let me know.
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    COBRA666 said:

    pain????
    I don't want to sound dumb, but what do you mean by the end? Are you saying what I think you are saying? Let me know.

    Ummm OK!
    When I first read the post I did not take it that way but after your post John I think that indeed is the question. And thats alright. I'll wait to see what the answer is cuz I dunno!!
  • Newfoundcancer
    Newfoundcancer Member Posts: 40

    Ummm OK!
    When I first read the post I did not take it that way but after your post John I think that indeed is the question. And thats alright. I'll wait to see what the answer is cuz I dunno!!

    Im sorry I meant both, while
    Im sorry I meant both, while we have cancer in us and if it takes our life?

    I have slow grade B-cell Lymphoma, just finished 21 rads.

    And was wondering later what it would feel like when it becomes life threating?
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591

    Im sorry I meant both, while
    Im sorry I meant both, while we have cancer in us and if it takes our life?

    I have slow grade B-cell Lymphoma, just finished 21 rads.

    And was wondering later what it would feel like when it becomes life threating?

    What Happens?
    I actually can understand your question and need to know. I was attending a LLS support group for a few years run by a chemo nurse at a local hospital and asked her that exact question, what happens when you die from lymphoma. I was not asking about pain but what things can happen when it no longer can be treated. The group thought it was a negative question and fed me the usual why go there, but for my own peace of mind I needed to have a clearer understanding of the disease and what someday I could be facing. In no way did I feel that I was going to die anytime soon but needed to know what the path would be. She answered me as best she could with what happens to the body and what treatments are available to help with the transition and palliative(sp) care. I really appreciated her compassion and honesty. I really don't know what to tell you as I'm not commfortable posting this info as there are a lot of people who do not want to go there. Is this something you would be comfortable asking either your Onc or Radiation Onc? Best of luck in getting your questions answered. I very much believe knowledge is power and the more I know the better I can live my life.
    Leslie
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    No pain
    When my first tumor showed up on my groin, (Jan/2010) I didn't have any pain..nor did I with the ones that later appeared on my neck. The ones in my abdomen never hurt either and if I hadn't gotten a CT scan I wouldn't have even known tumors were in there. I don't have pain to speak of..headaches now and then, sore muscles and achey joints, but if I had never been diagnosed with FNHL or felt the swollen lymph glands on my groin and neck I would have just contributed my aches and pains to getting up in years...(60). As far as wondering what kind of pain I will feel if my cancer goes south or turns un-treatable....well...I suppose I'll just take some really really good drugs that keep the pain bearable. Not ready to "even" think that far down the road...plan on fighting this tooth and nail and will go down a swingin! Sue...(FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    yesyes2 said:

    What Happens?
    I actually can understand your question and need to know. I was attending a LLS support group for a few years run by a chemo nurse at a local hospital and asked her that exact question, what happens when you die from lymphoma. I was not asking about pain but what things can happen when it no longer can be treated. The group thought it was a negative question and fed me the usual why go there, but for my own peace of mind I needed to have a clearer understanding of the disease and what someday I could be facing. In no way did I feel that I was going to die anytime soon but needed to know what the path would be. She answered me as best she could with what happens to the body and what treatments are available to help with the transition and palliative(sp) care. I really appreciated her compassion and honesty. I really don't know what to tell you as I'm not commfortable posting this info as there are a lot of people who do not want to go there. Is this something you would be comfortable asking either your Onc or Radiation Onc? Best of luck in getting your questions answered. I very much believe knowledge is power and the more I know the better I can live my life.
    Leslie

    I would
    I would appreciate knowing what you were told Leslie, but I do feel like a private message would be best. I've heard good things from LLS. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon, but would like to know.

    Is it something you feel ok with sharing?
  • Newfoundcancer
    Newfoundcancer Member Posts: 40
    allmost60 said:

    No pain
    When my first tumor showed up on my groin, (Jan/2010) I didn't have any pain..nor did I with the ones that later appeared on my neck. The ones in my abdomen never hurt either and if I hadn't gotten a CT scan I wouldn't have even known tumors were in there. I don't have pain to speak of..headaches now and then, sore muscles and achey joints, but if I had never been diagnosed with FNHL or felt the swollen lymph glands on my groin and neck I would have just contributed my aches and pains to getting up in years...(60). As far as wondering what kind of pain I will feel if my cancer goes south or turns un-treatable....well...I suppose I'll just take some really really good drugs that keep the pain bearable. Not ready to "even" think that far down the road...plan on fighting this tooth and nail and will go down a swingin! Sue...(FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    The Reason I ask

    I have been having burninig pain on my right chest area and same area on the back side.

    The pain started in a small area and is spreading to the point it connects to my backside now.

    I have an appointment with my family doctor Tuesday. I hope the cancer has not mutated to something else. Or due to the Rads I recieved 2 months ago.


    If I dont move it doesnt hurt, but if I move or touch the area then it hurts.
    Been slpeeping only on one side at night.
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member

    The Reason I ask

    I have been having burninig pain on my right chest area and same area on the back side.

    The pain started in a small area and is spreading to the point it connects to my backside now.

    I have an appointment with my family doctor Tuesday. I hope the cancer has not mutated to something else. Or due to the Rads I recieved 2 months ago.


    If I dont move it doesnt hurt, but if I move or touch the area then it hurts.
    Been slpeeping only on one side at night.

    Pain
    You really need to get a Dr. appt to see what is going on. Sitting around is going to cause all those what ifs to come into play,just like they are doing now. Ever notice all the what ifs are always negative thoughts? We all do it. Even the Dr. will not know what is going on unless test are done. It could be something very simple like an inflammation,but then the question is, whats causing it.Your mind can set you crazy real quick. We all hope it is nothing to worry about,but you will have to see the Dr. to ease your mind. Good luck and keep us informed to what is going on with it. John
    (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • Newfoundcancer
    Newfoundcancer Member Posts: 40
    COBRA666 said:

    Pain
    You really need to get a Dr. appt to see what is going on. Sitting around is going to cause all those what ifs to come into play,just like they are doing now. Ever notice all the what ifs are always negative thoughts? We all do it. Even the Dr. will not know what is going on unless test are done. It could be something very simple like an inflammation,but then the question is, whats causing it.Your mind can set you crazy real quick. We all hope it is nothing to worry about,but you will have to see the Dr. to ease your mind. Good luck and keep us informed to what is going on with it. John
    (FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

    Thanks
    Thanks Cobra666, and will post the DX.
  • Newfoundcancer
    Newfoundcancer Member Posts: 40

    Thanks
    Thanks Cobra666, and will post the DX.

    The DX
    Well good news and bad news.
    Went to see the Doc and had X-rays and a MRI. Dont forget the blood work.
    After being scared for about a week it turned out to be a viral infection under my skin.
    He gave me medicine and a booster shot. Then he graduated me from 7.5 to 10 hydrocodones.
    Told me it should go away in a week.
    He explained having Lymphoma and going thru Rads treatment that I need to stay away from sick
    people and that my Immune system is weak. That it is easy to catch any type of virus or cold.

    Good news that the cancer was not spreading, just great to know that my immune system is weak.
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member

    The DX
    Well good news and bad news.
    Went to see the Doc and had X-rays and a MRI. Dont forget the blood work.
    After being scared for about a week it turned out to be a viral infection under my skin.
    He gave me medicine and a booster shot. Then he graduated me from 7.5 to 10 hydrocodones.
    Told me it should go away in a week.
    He explained having Lymphoma and going thru Rads treatment that I need to stay away from sick
    people and that my Immune system is weak. That it is easy to catch any type of virus or cold.

    Good news that the cancer was not spreading, just great to know that my immune system is weak.

    Great
    Hi newfoundcancer,
    That is great news. What a scare for you. I have daily pain form cancer and a knee that needs to be replaced. I am happy that your dr was able to get you in for an app. You have to be so careful after chemo and or rads.
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178

    The DX
    Well good news and bad news.
    Went to see the Doc and had X-rays and a MRI. Dont forget the blood work.
    After being scared for about a week it turned out to be a viral infection under my skin.
    He gave me medicine and a booster shot. Then he graduated me from 7.5 to 10 hydrocodones.
    Told me it should go away in a week.
    He explained having Lymphoma and going thru Rads treatment that I need to stay away from sick
    people and that my Immune system is weak. That it is easy to catch any type of virus or cold.

    Good news that the cancer was not spreading, just great to know that my immune system is weak.

    The DX
    Thats good news and now you can rest alot easier. The winter months are here and we will have to be even more careful to stay healthy. Thanks for sharing the good DX.
    Love, Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    allmost60 said:

    The DX
    Thats good news and now you can rest alot easier. The winter months are here and we will have to be even more careful to stay healthy. Thanks for sharing the good DX.
    Love, Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    I know
    I've started with sneezing, itchy throat, stuffy nose...damn cold
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    dixiegirl said:

    I know
    I've started with sneezing, itchy throat, stuffy nose...damn cold

    Bummer!
    Bummer Beth...Sorry about the cold. Hubby felt like he was getting one earlier this week so we went on "sani alert", but turned out he only had sinus congestion..(whew)! Last thing I want is any kind of infection before I finish these last 3 rounds. Hope you feel better soon. Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • starbaby62
    starbaby62 Member Posts: 5

    The Reason I ask

    I have been having burninig pain on my right chest area and same area on the back side.

    The pain started in a small area and is spreading to the point it connects to my backside now.

    I have an appointment with my family doctor Tuesday. I hope the cancer has not mutated to something else. Or due to the Rads I recieved 2 months ago.


    If I dont move it doesnt hurt, but if I move or touch the area then it hurts.
    Been slpeeping only on one side at night.

    pain
    I had pain in the middle of my back. I thought I needed a chiro. He sent me for the MRI. There was the diagnosis. The sensation was a nagging aching pain. The back pain was intense at night like a knife in my back. I barely slept. Not much pain through the day. No treatment but I am sleeping great at night now. Just started going away after I figured out what it was.
  • starbaby62
    starbaby62 Member Posts: 5

    The DX
    Well good news and bad news.
    Went to see the Doc and had X-rays and a MRI. Dont forget the blood work.
    After being scared for about a week it turned out to be a viral infection under my skin.
    He gave me medicine and a booster shot. Then he graduated me from 7.5 to 10 hydrocodones.
    Told me it should go away in a week.
    He explained having Lymphoma and going thru Rads treatment that I need to stay away from sick
    people and that my Immune system is weak. That it is easy to catch any type of virus or cold.

    Good news that the cancer was not spreading, just great to know that my immune system is weak.

    pain
    Fantastic!
  • Newfoundcancer
    Newfoundcancer Member Posts: 40

    pain
    I had pain in the middle of my back. I thought I needed a chiro. He sent me for the MRI. There was the diagnosis. The sensation was a nagging aching pain. The back pain was intense at night like a knife in my back. I barely slept. Not much pain through the day. No treatment but I am sleeping great at night now. Just started going away after I figured out what it was.

    Lymphoma Immune
    Guess,

    Thats what they mean when they say chances are that you will not die from lymphoma.
    But from others means?????


    We just have to be careful where we go and friends that are sick.
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Bummer!
    Bummer Beth...Sorry about the cold. Hubby felt like he was getting one earlier this week so we went on "sani alert", but turned out he only had sinus congestion..(whew)! Last thing I want is any kind of infection before I finish these last 3 rounds. Hope you feel better soon. Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    Thanks Sue
    Still feeling rotten. Had a bad day. I am hoping to feel better this weekend.


    Beth
    LPL/MALT/Follicular stage 3 4/2006
  • ayax
    ayax Member Posts: 4
    Lymphoma Pain
    I was diagnosed Last October with Lymphoma. They only found my tumor in my chest (which was the size of a softball) because I was having side pains. The doctors have no idea what was causing the side pains, and always tell ne that it wasnt the Lymphoma. I did have major nightsweats Also, and they were horrible.. enough to soak your clothes. I wish you well.