Isabella Update

Options
Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thank you to all my wonderful pink warriors here for your prayers for my dear granddaughter, Isabella Grace. She was born September 20, 2010 5 weeks early. She weighed 3 lbs. 7 oz. and was 15 inches long. She dropped down to 3 lbs. 3 oz. in the hospital. She was discharged from the hospital on October 9 (a little less than 3 weeks). Today she is one month old and doing well. She weights 4 lbs. 8 oz. and is 18" long. She is still tiny and wearing preemie clothes. Everything seems to be moving right along. She is precious. Hugs, Jean

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Congradulation Jean!!!
    My oldest daughter, now almost 20, weighed just a few ounces more at birth, also 5 week early. Preemies are beautiful babies!! I am so envious, I can not wait to be a grandma! I saw an old interview with Tom Bosley (Happy Days, Dad) this morning. He just passed away, you know. Anyway they asked him what he's like to be remember as, he said "A good husband, a good father, and one bad-**** grandpa!" It was close to that anyway. Congradulations again to you and your family. So glad to hear Isabella is home and doing well! Hugs...alison
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Congradulation Jean!!!
    My oldest daughter, now almost 20, weighed just a few ounces more at birth, also 5 week early. Preemies are beautiful babies!! I am so envious, I can not wait to be a grandma! I saw an old interview with Tom Bosley (Happy Days, Dad) this morning. He just passed away, you know. Anyway they asked him what he's like to be remember as, he said "A good husband, a good father, and one bad-**** grandpa!" It was close to that anyway. Congradulations again to you and your family. So glad to hear Isabella is home and doing well! Hugs...alison

Great News ... Grandma Jean ...!
    Happy to hear the wonderful, healthy news about Isabelle. Our son, Andrew Justin was a preemie .. 20 years ago .. today he is in college, 6 foot 3 inches, 195 lbs and full of life and muscles.. First few months .. were scary, with a few hospital scares - and here we are 20 years later!

Strength and Courage :-D

♥.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸ Vicki Sam ♩♫♬♪♥.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.¸
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Oh precious little angel!
    She's on her way to plumping up.

Thanks for updating us.

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am all so thrilled that
    I am all so thrilled that she is doing well! Babies are so special; there is just nothing like them! I love seeing their unique personalities from day one--it just never gets old. Isabella is so precious. Give her an extra big cyber hug from her Pink Aunt!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

I am all so thrilled that
    I am all so thrilled that she is doing well! Babies are so special; there is just nothing like them! I love seeing their unique personalities from day one--it just never gets old. Isabella is so precious. Give her an extra big cyber hug from her Pink Aunt!

Glad all is well with the
    Glad all is well with the little bundle of love. Such good news. Enjoy all the perks of grandmahood.
    Stef
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    I'm Go Glad
    I am so happy to hear that news. What a joy for you and your family. I will keep her in my prayers!
    Pat
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!
    Jean, that is GREAT news about your new grandbaby. She sounds like a doll baby. Just be sure to spend a lot of time with her because, as you know, they grow up so fast.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

How wonderful!
    Jean, that is GREAT news about your new grandbaby. She sounds like a doll baby. Just be sure to spend a lot of time with her because, as you know, they grow up so fast.

:)
    What wonderful news about little Isabella! May she continue to grow, gain weight and be healthy! So happy for you Jean!

Sue :)
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Jean
    so happy to hear that Isabella is progressing nicely. She must be just precious to hold. I'm praying that she continues to grow and have good health.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    That is wonderful news!!
    That is wonderful news!! Just love those preemies.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

That is wonderful news!!
    That is wonderful news!! Just love those preemies.

Great news! So happy to
    Great news! So happy to read this! God Bless Isabella!
  • Giant Poodles
    Giant Poodles Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Kylez said:

Great news! So happy to
    Great news! So happy to read this! God Bless Isabella!

Love the Baby and I pray God
    Love the Baby and I pray God continues to bless her and your family.
    Rhonda
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Love the Baby and I pray God
    Love the Baby and I pray God continues to bless her and your family.
    Rhonda

I'm so happy that this is
    I'm so happy that this is good news about sweet Isabella! Keep us updated.

Still saying prayers for her,

Debby
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    sea60 said:

Oh precious little angel!
    She's on her way to plumping up.

Thanks for updating us.

Blessings,

Sylvia

Great news about the little
    Great news about the little one Jean. Praying for her still and please keep updating us.

Hugs, Angie