Breast Cancer Panel Discussion 2-SUNY Geneseo

Options
mas6
mas6 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,

My name is Marisa Shuman and about 1 month ago I posted a discussion post about how I was planning on hosting a Breast Cancer Awareness Panel Discussion at my college in the last week of October.

For some reason I have been unable to access the website (they are still trying to figure out why), and have gotten a little behind. I was hoping to have a few cancer survivors and some of their family members who could share their experiences and what they have gone through.

If anyone would like to help or has any information they would think I should present in this program I would love to hear from you!

Thank you!

Marisa Shuman

Comments

• irishkate1960
    irishkate1960 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    cancer treatment??
    where are you located??? i have breast cancer...almost 1 year now...and have waded thru uncharted waters i never thought existed....i'm still trying to work my way thru...am still in shock....sort of a fog...have made descions that i feel were wrong in my treatment...didn't listen to that little voice inside my head...i had to be a warrior...and fight chemo and rad...was told rad was like a walk in the park....well it was one hell of a park....its like i have post traumatic stress disorder...its changed my life in so many different ways...why is it that doctors look at you as #'s and think they know better than you what is right for you when they don't live with all the side effects....they get to go home and forget about it....do they even remember our names or what we look like...or if they make a mistake they still get to go home...and we pay the ultimate price...........
  • pinkapples
    pinkapples Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was surprised
    How many variables there are at any given time during this process. There are so many different stories! Not totally clear on what you are looking for, but if you are needing a personal story I'd be happy to give you my view; my partner would also be willing to share his side of "our" journy through bc if you are interested.
    Feel free to message me if I can help,
    Pink
  • mas6
    mas6 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I was surprised
    How many variables there are at any given time during this process. There are so many different stories! Not totally clear on what you are looking for, but if you are needing a personal story I'd be happy to give you my view; my partner would also be willing to share his side of "our" journy through bc if you are interested.
    Feel free to message me if I can help,
    Pink

Location!
    The discussion would be on my college campus which is SUNY Geneseo which is in Geneseo, NY (about 30 minutes south of Rochester). I would certainly be interested in hearing both of your stories, and am really looking forward to making sure that my peers truly understand the devastation that this cancer can cause.