THE DR TOLD ME THE CAUSE OF UC!

2»

Comments

• Always Hopeful
    Always Hopeful Member Posts: 234
    Teemac said:

5 DAYS
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! I AM HAVING THE OLD FASHION SURGERY AS WELL. GOING TO HAVE A BATTLE SCAR TO PROVE IT. YOU WHERE IN FOR FIVE DAYS?? MY DR SAID I WOULD ONLY BE IN TWO TO THREE DAYS. I AM HAVING SURGERY ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF FROM HOME SO I AM HOPING TO BE OUT IN THREE DAYS AT THE MOST. THEY ARE BEING NICE AND LETTING MY HUSBAND STAY WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME I AM IN THE HOSPITAL. SO THE WALKING HELPS? I HEAR I AM GOING TO NEED A BODY PILL TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP COMFORTABLE WHEN I GET HOME. GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING SO WELL.

TEE

Great that your husband can stay
    Dear Tee,

The fact that your husband can stay with you is fantastic. I was soooooo afraid of the pain etc. that I hired nurses aides to stay with me after the surgery through the 2nd night. One of my coworkers suggested I do that just for peace of mind. Although I thankfully did not really need one for the 2nd night, it was still worth having someone there with me. It was worth the $$$ for the peace of mind it provided me with as I walked into the operating room.

I was just thinking about my hospital stay: surgery on Monday, discharge Friday afternoon. I didn't stay the 5th night, is that still 5 days?

A body pillow, huh? Guess that would help to "hold yourself". I know they suggest that for open heart surgery patients so why not for abdominal surgery. I just never thought of it. I only used a pillow under the seatbelt in the car.

Walking is an absolute must. Linda explained the reason in her post. Her suggestion for a liquid diet is great too.

Try to say calm.

Peace and hope, JJ
  • aprillorey
    aprillorey Member Posts: 104
    oh tee what a dran jerk he
    oh tee what a dran jerk he is

my OBYGN told me that my cancer was cost by 2 resons 1 my being over weight and 2 i had OVS ( i had no ideal ) he said i had alot of hormons that caused it to my body had to much hormons probley from the Treatments i did to try and have a baby.

but my cancer doctor was much like yours

he told me there was only one cause of my cancer and that was due to my being over weight i just looked at him and he said your over weight your BIG it caused it i was so upset sadly the only other Cancer doctor who deals with my problams would have been to go ti iowa city a few hours away so i could not i had to stay with this jerk

i knew i was over weight but was mad my OB did say i wsa over weight but he gave me more in sight that i had added hormons that played a big factor and OVS

but the cancer doctor i guse didnt read my chart and he blamed my weight more or less called me fat

so i know how you feel but he did my surgery

why would he not have done surgery that jerk makes me mad cancer is not just caused due to weight but they blam being over weight on alot

im happy u found anew doctor and im praying for u
  • Domina
    Domina Member Posts: 62

oh tee what a dran jerk he
    oh tee what a dran jerk he is

my OBYGN told me that my cancer was cost by 2 resons 1 my being over weight and 2 i had OVS ( i had no ideal ) he said i had alot of hormons that caused it to my body had to much hormons probley from the Treatments i did to try and have a baby.

but my cancer doctor was much like yours

he told me there was only one cause of my cancer and that was due to my being over weight i just looked at him and he said your over weight your BIG it caused it i was so upset sadly the only other Cancer doctor who deals with my problams would have been to go ti iowa city a few hours away so i could not i had to stay with this jerk

i knew i was over weight but was mad my OB did say i wsa over weight but he gave me more in sight that i had added hormons that played a big factor and OVS

but the cancer doctor i guse didnt read my chart and he blamed my weight more or less called me fat

so i know how you feel but he did my surgery

why would he not have done surgery that jerk makes me mad cancer is not just caused due to weight but they blam being over weight on alot

im happy u found anew doctor and im praying for u

To: Tee re: The doctor told me the reason for my Uterine Cancer
    Tee:
    What a jerk that doctor was, glad you changed. I was diagnosed with Grade 2 endometrioid adenocarcinoma on 12/21/10, I am having surgery on 1/21/11. Although being overweight is a contributing factor to Uterine Cancer, it is not the only factor.

I unfortunately am very obese, I generally am 290-310 lbs.give or take. I realize that is not healthy but it is a struggle I have battled my whole life. Ironically I was born 3 months early @ only 2 lbs. and was very, very thin until I was 6 1/2 yrs. old. I am now 54. There have been times when I have been thinner but I always gain it back. I started a diet in late 2003 & by early 2005 was down to 150 lbs. (modified Atkins diet) but I went off the food wagon & gainned it all back by 2007.

I have almost all the risk factors for uterine cancer except these: taking cancer meds, smoker, never having children, breast cancer, heavy drinker. My doctor stressed I am high risk for surgery & for getting this disease due to the weight & my other medical conditions but she did tell me she does have patients who are thin & none of the risk factors & still get uterine cancer.

I had a women neighbor tell me today that she was praying to Jesus for me to get healed but that God gave me cancer because I am a sinner!!!! Can you believe that? Everyone is a critic.

I was born & raised Roman Catholic and although I do not agree with everything the Vatican says & does, it is still the basis of my beliefs although I go to a Christian non-denominational church now. Still all in all I would NEVER tell someone (especially someone who is newly diagnosed & doesn't even know her stage yet) that she got cancer because she is a sinner. How ignorant!!

I got cancer because of many factors that may include bad luck, maybe DNA, envirornment,not taking care of myself by not excercising or not eating right foods or stress or other medical conditions, plus I haven't gone to the doctor as much as I should have from lack of insurance or being under-insured & primary care doctors run too many tests I can't afford & have no clue. But I have always kept up on my mamos.

I was all consumed with going through peri-menopause 2005-2007. I had my last pap 2007. Then I was all consumed with counting the months after my last period of 2008, then little by little the hot flashes & mood swings & night sweats stopped & by the time I was 2 yrs. post menopause with no problems I though I was home free. I never thought I was growing a thick endometrial lining again because I assumed my ovaries stopped & I was in menopause. I didn't know the estrogen in the fat cells could produce that much estrogen to the extent I would wind up with a lining of 9mm thick & a uterine mass. I had no symptoms at all, no pain, nothing, till Sept. 2 yrs. after my last period I started having crying jags for no reason & ovarian pain & then started bleeding on 10/23/2010. The transvaginal ultrasound showed a mass & thick 9mm lining but it was the D & C path results that told me I had cancer. God did not give it to me.

Well, I digress, anyway Tee, everyone, Good Luck with 2011 & be blessed !!!
  • sleem
    sleem Member Posts: 92
    See another Gyn-Onc
    See another doctor ASAP. Gyn/Oncologist's care can provide better survival rates & specialize. If this doctor is one, don't give up, find another.