I am looking for work

Options
canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had the news of breast cancer when i was looking for work . Today I had my first interview after the surgery. It was a joke. The first person had no problem that I am in treatment for breast cancer. Second one had the problem all be the job could be done from home. In leaving I dealt with one young girl that made a very rude remark because i was wearing a scarve to cover my head. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Bottom line i did not get the job . Im not sad I still be looking.

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    work
    Good for you, don't be discouaged! That just isn't the job for you. I think God makes special things happen for people who do battle with a beast. God bless..hugs..a prayer for a good job for you..alison
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    As discouraging
    As discouraging as that might be, aren't you glad you found out what kind of people they are before you end up working with them???? I think cancer has made me the queen of looking for the bright side.

marge
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

As discouraging
    As discouraging as that might be, aren't you glad you found out what kind of people they are before you end up working with them???? I think cancer has made me the queen of looking for the bright side.

marge

That job wasn't for you
    You'll find something much, much better. Everything happens for a reason. Who needs to be around people like that--yuk!

Hugs, Renee
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Your better off anyway!! You
    Your better off anyway!! You don't want to work for people like that. And depending on the girls age that made the rude remark, I would have had a couple things to say. She would not have done that to anyone else. Take care Cutie, You'll find your dream job soon, Kay,
  • Giant Poodles
    Giant Poodles Member Posts: 79
    Options
    missrenee said:

That job wasn't for you
    You'll find something much, much better. Everything happens for a reason. Who needs to be around people like that--yuk!

Hugs, Renee

God did not want you to have that job
    Keep looking and be glad you did not get that one. You would not want to be working with negative people who would make you feel bad about yourself and sad. Good for you to continue looking where you will be appreciated and lifted up. I can not believe people are so rude. Just be a duck and let it roll off your back. A better opporunity will come to you. Hugs to you and keep trying.
    Rhonda
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Your better off anyway!! You
    Your better off anyway!! You don't want to work for people like that. And depending on the girls age that made the rude remark, I would have had a couple things to say. She would not have done that to anyone else. Take care Cutie, You'll find your dream job soon, Kay,

You keep on looking and feel
    You keep on looking and feel confident! The right job is out there for you. Never give up and know that for every no, there is a yes coming!

Sue :)
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    In sales they say it takes
    In sales they say it takes 10 no's to get to the yes. If selling yourself to a potential employer is the same, you are one step closer to the yes. And then it will be the right job, not a job with people who see you as less because you wear a scarf. Good luck with the next interview!

Hugs,

Linda
  • JustRenay
    JustRenay Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Details
    Hi...where are you located and what type of work are you looking for? Maybe ...someone can help :)