i think Anne Frank said--- deep down, people are basically good!

Options
lizzie17
lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I spent the weekend in NYC at the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event in Central Park. Thousands of people, wonderfully organized, SOOOOO inspiring, hugs, cheering, encouragement, survivor stories, tears, music and of course the walk. My daughter lives there and I had registered on her team.
AND....in my smaller hometown where we have Relay for Life in the Spring, same thing!! Just not thousands of people. But wonderfully organized, SOOOO
inspiring, hugs, cheering, etc. I think people do care and it really says a lot when men, women of all ages are trying to help fight this disease and find a cure.
And personally I realize, I am not alone. None of us are.
Hugs to all Pink Ladies!!!

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    And a great big hug back to you!!
    I pray they find one quick!

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

And a great big hug back to you!!
    I pray they find one quick!

Blessings,

Sylvia

it is awesome
    It really is awesome to attend these events. Since spring there have been many posts from those of us who have been to one. It doesn't matter whether it's a Komen Race, Making Strides, Relay for Life, or others, they are so inspirational and uplifting. Glad you "felt the love" too. God bless.
    Marsha
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizzie! I just finished
    Hi Lizzie! I just finished my last chemo treatment 4 days ago and this Saturday I'm not only walking with my team in Making Strides here in South Bend, Indiana, but I'm also speaking before the event! You will all be there with me :) I had buttons made for my team, and I had designed one for myself to wear that says "I'm walking for ALL my sisters in Pink"
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing the Making
    Thanks for doing the Making Strides, representing those of us who didn't make it. We are not alone and you are an inspiration too!