I didn't find my cowboy, but....

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
there was PLENTY of bull! (At the rodeo...cummon, ladies, give me SOME credit...ROFL!).

Had a GREAT time in Fort Worth. BEAUTIFUL weather! Went to a rodeo, the Texas state fair (they had fried BEER!!!! and fried BUTTER!!!), and heard 'darlin' alot...

Met some friends, old and new, from the colorectal board. A good time was had by all!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Kathi... great to hear you had a ball in Texas! I have never
    been to a rodeo show, sounds like great fun! Glad you were able to team up with new and old friends! Take care.
    BL
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Kathi... great to hear you had a ball in Texas! I have never
    been to a rodeo show, sounds like great fun! Glad you were able to team up with new and old friends! Take care.
    BL

sounds wonderful kathi, you
    sounds wonderful kathi, you are such an example of getting on with life!!!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

sounds wonderful kathi, you
    sounds wonderful kathi, you are such an example of getting on with life!!!!

Glad you had a great time
    Glad you had a great time but I didn't expect you to have otherwise. You make fun wherever you are. So darlin', glad you got your Texan on and that ain't bull.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Sounds as if you had a rip
    Sounds as if you had a rip roaring time! I have never been to a rodeo , though this is defintely rodeo counry here and there is a big one 30 miled from me every June. Reggie and I always laugh about the Indians not mixing too well with the cowboys! LOL But seriously, I think he's more afraid that we would be hearing country music all day long! HA!

Glad you reconnected wih long time friends and made some new ones;always a good, life-affirming thing!

Fried Butter? The thought of that is ..well, so bad I don't even have words! I couldn't get over fried cheese curds or butter burgers when visiting in Wisconsin. I dunno,Kathi, some things I just can't bring myself to even try! All I see is cholesterol and my arteries clogging up! :-)

Reggie and his guys sang at the annual Lemon festival over the weekend~ lemon meringue pie, lemon ice cream, lemon cotton candy, and lemon beer! I had a bratwurst with sauteed onions and kraut and yes, a lemon beer! Yuuuuuuum!
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Sounds as if you had a rip
    Sounds as if you had a rip roaring time! I have never been to a rodeo , though this is defintely rodeo counry here and there is a big one 30 miled from me every June. Reggie and I always laugh about the Indians not mixing too well with the cowboys! LOL But seriously, I think he's more afraid that we would be hearing country music all day long! HA!

Glad you reconnected wih long time friends and made some new ones;always a good, life-affirming thing!

Fried Butter? The thought of that is ..well, so bad I don't even have words! I couldn't get over fried cheese curds or butter burgers when visiting in Wisconsin. I dunno,Kathi, some things I just can't bring myself to even try! All I see is cholesterol and my arteries clogging up! :-)

Reggie and his guys sang at the annual Lemon festival over the weekend~ lemon meringue pie, lemon ice cream, lemon cotton candy, and lemon beer! I had a bratwurst with sauteed onions and kraut and yes, a lemon beer! Yuuuuuuum!

I wanna be a cowboy baby
    WHAT NO PBR BOYS, oh shucks darlin. Did you dosie doe. Texans are wonderful folks. You do know that everything is bigger in Texas.
    Glad you had a good time.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

I wanna be a cowboy baby
    WHAT NO PBR BOYS, oh shucks darlin. Did you dosie doe. Texans are wonderful folks. You do know that everything is bigger in Texas.

Hmmm...
    everything?????

just wonderin'.

xo
    Victoria
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Hey Kathi,
    Glad you had

Hey Kathi,
    Glad you had a great time at the rodeo! We use to go all the time. Mostly barrel racing though. Back when I had horses. I really miss riding in the Forrest and my horses. Thanks for bringing back good memories. I haven't thought about that in a long time. Take care Kay
  • KathiM
    Options

I wanna be a cowboy baby

PBR boys?
    Ok, give...what is them things?

I DID come away with a Texas twang...hummm...maybe too much beer for my horses!

Hugs, Kathi
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options

Hey Kathi,
    Glad you had

Hey Kathi,
    Glad you had a great time at the rodeo! We use to go all the time. Mostly barrel racing though. Back when I had horses. I really miss riding in the Forrest and my horses. Thanks for bringing back good memories. I haven't thought about that in a long time. Take care Kay

PBR
    Kathi....I am surprised you don't know what this means. My husband is glued to the TV for the next four nights watching the PBR National Finals in Las Vegas. It stands for Professional Bull Riders. This sport is one of the craziest I have ever observed (along with boxing), and you really need to be one egg short of a dozen to participate. However, lots of people follow the sport, and especially in Texas, where every rider has two names, Billy Bob, Joe Don, etc. You missed a treat if you didn't see the bull riders, but it sometimes takes guts to see some of the "trainwrecks" that are part of the program. Good to have you in Texas, even if for a short while. Hugs, Judy
  • KathiM
    Options

PBR
    Kathi....I am surprised you don't know what this means. My husband is glued to the TV for the next four nights watching the PBR National Finals in Las Vegas. It stands for Professional Bull Riders. This sport is one of the craziest I have ever observed (along with boxing), and you really need to be one egg short of a dozen to participate. However, lots of people follow the sport, and especially in Texas, where every rider has two names, Billy Bob, Joe Don, etc. You missed a treat if you didn't see the bull riders, but it sometimes takes guts to see some of the "trainwrecks" that are part of the program. Good to have you in Texas, even if for a short while. Hugs, Judy

Oh, ok....
    I DID see bull riding...no one made it to the 8 seconds...sort of over before it started...hummmm, like some men I know...(ROFLMAO!).

There was one bull that didn't like to be a star, or learned his part a bit too well: Once he unseated his rider, he went after one of the coral horses...pinned him and his rider against the metal fence...I was proud of the horse, he did as he had been trained...relaxed his backend so that the bull couldn't break anything...very dramatic, but kept the horse and his rider from getting hurt...

Hugs, Kathi

(and yes, there was Billy Bob's, Jim Bob, and even a Billy Jean-a girl bronc rider!)