Chewbacca

Options
faith_trust_and_a_little_bit_of_chemotherapy
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
OK, my hair is about an inch long, silver and maybe wavy...it's just an inch, after all. Somedays I think I resemble Spencer Tracy, I wish I could say Richard Gere, but apparently I have a reputation of being a bit of a curmudgeon, so Tracy in "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" it is. It's been 4 months since I completed chemotherapy, my question to those of you that have more than an inch, how long does the face fuzz that makes me look like an elder relation of Chewbacca stick around?

I mean if I am going to transform into a wookie, I ought to pick-up some Berlitz tapes or something.

Hey, and instead of being pink warriors we can get some really cool imperial pink storm troopers costumes and kick some cancer hiney? I guess those frat boys at the 'dig pink' volleyball game were more inspirational than I thought.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Ever changing look
    I am familiar with the peach fuzz look. When I had it, I was too scared to get my face waxed for fear of it growing back thicker. I let nature take its course and it come off on its own.

It's good to hear your hair is growing back. I went from looking like singer Freddie Mercury( Queen), to Mia Farrow( Rosemary's Baby), to a Mexican Shirley Temple. My hair is still very short and sassy. I have tremendous curl and I am getting used to my new look. Folks have said I look younger with it short. It works for me!

It is a process. Congrats being done with chemo and rads! That is HUGE!
    BL

PS Where are the billboard pics? You let the cat out of the bag, now inquiring minds want to see.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Face Fuzz
    Darn - I finished chemo a year and a half ago, and still have the darn fuzz. I have all kinds of hair removal stuff for my face but am afraid to use it. My old hairdresser (she moved away) used to shave it off for me.
    Hairy Pat
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    my hair can't seem to get its act together ;(
    however, it has only been two months since i finished chemo! i too had the fuzz on my face, was too terrified to try to get rid of it and fortunately, it has pretty much disappeared. on the plus side, i have only had to shave my legs once since last january ;)
  • JustRenay
    JustRenay Member Posts: 54
    Options
    heidijez said:

my hair can't seem to get its act together ;(
    however, it has only been two months since i finished chemo! i too had the fuzz on my face, was too terrified to try to get rid of it and fortunately, it has pretty much disappeared. on the plus side, i have only had to shave my legs once since last january ;)

I feel so much better!!
    Wow...reading your comments...it's all clear now!! I had chemo in 2006 and didn't really notice the "fuzz" til sometime later...and honestly just thought it was a hormonal (40's) thing!!! It does eventually go away...but guess glad to hear there's a cause for it...Now if I can just explain away the stubborn ones on my chin every day...I'll be good to go. Was gonna ask my Doctor about Vaniqua. Has anyone used it? Renay
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Winter
    Just think how much warmer you will be this winter when you have to go out in bad weather. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. KAH

P.S. How about a naked (NAAAKED) volleyball game in the snow, want to see some pink skin. I know, time to go. HAHHAHAHAHAHAH