COMPLETE REMISSION ZERO ACTIVITY

13»

Comments

• truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    forme said:

Adopted
    Hi Liz,
    Your post really hit home with me. I too am adopted. Let me tell you what worked for me. I searched for many years, before there was internet etc. No luck. Then when I had my second cancer dx I asked my gyn doc to write a letter to the county records of adoption dept. Stating that I needed to know medical information. Well a few months later I received a packet in the mail with my birth name and birth parents name. The original birth certificate and adoption records. They were married at the time, but that is another story. I took that info along with what I already knew from my adopted parents, not much, but area they had lived in etc. I went to the library and started looking in phone books from southern cal. I wrote down any one with the same last name and started calling. This was before I had a computer. Third third person I called was my birth mother, she denied at first because I so shocked her, but I said please call me if you know anything and gave her my number. I didn't push, I too was shocked and not expecting to ever find them. She called back a few hours later and I talked to her and my birth father. Since then, I have met them and also two full blood sisters and their families. So, my advice is try any avenue you can. If you want to email me privately I can share more with you. The medical info really does make a big difference in my life.
    Peaceful healing
    Lisha

Adopted
    Wow! Thanks so much, Lisha for the encouragement. It was discouraging after many years of trying but I should never give up. So glad to hear that you had success in finding the info. Will keep you posted.

Best,
    Liz