Dee1962 I have a Question for you

Scotch Freckles
Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Dee, how invasive was your first diagnosis if I may ask? Where you identified as having a potential recurrance? If so, did the doc say anything like [you have a 20% change of recurrance!]? I have been out of care since 07, which really isn't long, but diagnoised in 02. I don't let recurrance control my life but as for probably all, always concerned about it. Would appreciate your input.

Scotch Freckles (aka:Kathryn)

Comments

• dee1962
    dee1962 Member Posts: 99
    Scotch Freckles (aka) Kathryn
    My first cancer 1994 Stage 2 ductal carcinoma ,level 1 , 3 positive lymph nodes. to tell you the truth I was 31 don't really remember and after the 5 year tamoxifen treatment never really thought about it. Sometimes I actually forgot I even went through this not something I talked about to much until this July when i went for my 17 year check up....and boom back to reality...just had my 3rd treatment today and went for a wig...but my hair so far doesn't seem to be falling out but I know it will very soon....I hope I answered your questions and I'm always here to answer any more that you want take care... Dee
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    dee1962 said:

My first cancer 1994 Stage 2 ductal carcinoma ,level 1 , 3 positive lymph nodes. to tell you the truth I was 31 don't really remember and after the 5 year tamoxifen treatment never really thought about it. Sometimes I actually forgot I even went through this not something I talked about to much until this July when i went for my 17 year check up....and boom back to reality...just had my 3rd treatment today and went for a wig...but my hair so far doesn't seem to be falling out but I know it will very soon....I hope I answered your questions and I'm always here to answer any more that you want take care... Dee

eves dropping on your conversation..
    You give me hope...thank you..Alison
  • Scotch Freckles
    dee1962 said:

Good Info
    Thank you for answering my questions. Hang in there, don't worry about the hair thing, it has become so acceptable due to the popularity of BC. Not that any of us really wanted to join this club. As always, we are all here for each other. Kathryn
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    dee1962 said:

So, you took tamox for 5
    So, you took tamox for 5 years Dee? It seems so many on here with recurrences took the hormone therapy.

Sending you prayers and hugs!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Kylez said:

So, you took tamox for 5
    So, you took tamox for 5 years Dee? It seems so many on here with recurrences took the hormone therapy.

Sending you prayers and hugs!

Yes it does seem that quite
    Yes it does seem that quite a few women here have taken the 5 year therapy and still had recurrance. I guess we just need to fight and hope for the best.
    I must admit though, that when I've had 2 bad experiences with Femara and Arimidex, my third one, Aromasin is looking like a a hard road to bear. I will start it on the 23rd. I'll keep you all posted. Hoping for the best.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Yes it does seem that quite
    Yes it does seem that quite a few women here have taken the 5 year therapy and still had recurrance. I guess we just need to fight and hope for the best.
    I must admit though, that when I've had 2 bad experiences with Femara and Arimidex, my third one, Aromasin is looking like a a hard road to bear. I will start it on the 23rd. I'll keep you all posted. Hoping for the best.

Thank you for sharing ... Dee
    Many Warriors here .. including myself are driving into stat's regarding stat's - recurrence. It's not fair, it's not right .. I think we paid our dues to the Cancer Devil -- We should not float thru the balance of our lives -- barefoot and fancy free.

Vicki Sam
  • Scotch Freckles
    dee1962 said:

I just want to say I never
    I just want to say I never had Tamoxifen or lymph node involvement. My tumor was caught quick, it had no blood vessels or nerve endings attached upon removal. Mine was considered non hormonal but I can never have any hormone supplements. Regardless of what we all go through there never seems to be an end to it. I just wish you the best in your new endevor.

Kathryn