5FU, Cytoxan, Epirubcin, and Neulasta..O my

tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today I started 5FU, Epirubicin, and Cytoxan (FEC) for 4 cycles. The next day is my Neulasta injection. I feel I did pretty well with 12 weeks of Taxol. Hopefully, these 4 cycles will have mild symptoms. Has any one here had FEC?

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Hi, I had FEC. It's commonly
    Hi, I had FEC. It's commonly used in Canada. I think they have dropped the 5FU in the U.S. The epirubicin is an anthracycline like doxorubicin, (also I think more commonly used in Canada), presumably as effective with less se (ha ha) and the cytoxin is used on both sides of the border.

A tip to help prevent neuropathy of your feet and hands is to keep them cool (or cold if you can) during and some time after your IV or at least not have a hot bath after tx. Wish I had of known that.

Best of luck to you and I hope your tx's go smoothly :)
    jan
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    tjohnson2310
    Hi tjohnson,I just finished 4 cycles of (FEC) with the day after Neulasta, I didn't do good with it,it made me very sick,hope it doesn't do you the same,I read somewhere on here if you had bad morning sickness with your kids then the chemo would do you really bad i don't know but i did have bad morning sickness really bad, but this cocktail as they call it is really an aggressive treatment.I hope when you read this it will find you well.I do live in the u.s. Mollyz