It's been awhile

rrogers34
rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone, just wanted to take a few minutes to post. I am so sorry to hear about all of those that having to fight this fight again. MamaG, Chenhart. I know that is one of all of our biggest fears. I really had no idea just how much those words spoken to me on November 24, 2009 would change my life forever. "It's Cancer"

This year has been a blurr for me. Being Dx with BC, 2 surgeries, chemo, radiation, my Father passing the day after Father's Day, seperation from my husband who is somewhat back now, but I have no idea where we are going. I know he will never support me emotionally and so much has happened I dont know if I can go through a divorce on top of all that has happened. My eye's were sure opened and my heart broken. When I needed him most, he bailed on me emotionally, I found out most of it the week of my father's death.

WOW!!!! I have been reading the board and always think about my breast friends.LOL! I dont post much because this past year it just seemed one tragedy after another. My heart breaks for Lesley's family, though I am certain she is Heaven where my Father is, no more pain, no more suffering, no more worry, just perfect peace, and perfect love. I have been out of Chemo now for almost 6 months. I am done with radiation and now on Tomoxofin. I am scheduled for my first Mamo on November 1st. For any newbies or those going through treatment, keep positive, rely on the Lord. I have done really well, my hair is comming back (though not fast enough for me) I still look like a guy! LOL. It's coming in thicker and wavy and about the same color. I am working out doing Hip Hop Abs which is really working for me. My best childhood friend came back into my life about 5 months ago and we spend alot of time together. She is truly a blessing. I'm at the front desk covering for someone during lunch. I wish so much I had more time to post more and I will.
Until then, thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement, your prayers, and I plan to stay on this board for the rest of my life no matter what life brings. I want to be a source of support to others as they have been to me. FYI, I was stage 1, her2+ Er+ PR+, had a lumpectomy, my cocktail was carboplatin, Taxotere, hreceptin which I am still on. If anyone has any questions (realizing we are all different), I will be happy to offer anything I have experienced or what helped me. Hope to post soon. Gotta go back to my own desk.

Love you all,
RROGERS34

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Welcome back.
    Thanks for

Welcome back.

Thanks for the update.

I am not posting much either but do check in to see how things are going.

Hugs

Donna
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Welcome back.
    Thanks for

Welcome back.

Thanks for the update.

I am not posting much either but do check in to see how things are going.

Hugs

Donna

Welcome Back .. Thanks for checking in and giving us
    all an update. Getting back to a normal life, after chemo, radiation and surgeries .. it's what we all strive for ..

•☆.•*´¨`*••♥ Vicki Sam ♥••*´¨`*•.☆•