My Burden..

Options
2»

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• WARRIOR WOMAN •♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸
    That is you, that is all of us and a few warrior men. We all fight our own fight in our own way and sometimes we stumble with fear and in those times the whole of us here are here for you! EB you are right you have a son you want to be here for and as far as a husband goes that very well may still be in your future do lot let that hope fall to the way side. Right now your number one concern should be you so you can get well and enjoy that future with your son. You will heal, you can get reconstruction and those new "girls" can't threaten to kill you. I will be keeping you in my prayers and wish you a future filled with the love of your son and good health.

(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
    *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´
    ¤ º° ¤`•.¸.•´ ¤ °ºRE
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    You nailed it Sister!
    You're doing it because you have the discernment, as you say, to be here for your sweet child. And yes, God will take care of the rest.

Hold on to your joy with a tight embrace and try not to let anyone take it away.

Let us know how it goes. I had my bi-lateral & reconstructive surgery over at Methodist Transplant in the Medical Center in San Antonio. Where are you going?

Praying for you,

Sylvia
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Maybe she is just
    Maybe she is just insensitive maybe she just don't think. What she said to you is just wrong. Stay strong sweetheart don't let others bring you down or make you rethink your decisions. They are the right ones. You have done everything right. And priority is your son. We all love ya Kid Your the best, Kay
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Stay Focused, Stand Firm
    I am sorry you had to hear such negativity when you are dealing with such a difficult decision. The woman was obviously thinking aloud. You know you are doing what is right by you and your son, no need to explain or justify your decision to anyone. Stay focused, stand firm, and shake loose anyone who makes you falter. I will lift you and yours in prayer that all go well come November 1st. God bless.
    BL
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    First of all, you are such a
    First of all, you are such a pretty lady! Yes you are young, and you want to live a long, healthy life. Everyone is different and must make the choice that is right for them. I was 42 at diagnosis, and went with a lumpectomy despite family history. Longterm survival stats are the same for lumpectomy w/rads as mastectomy. Yes, I have had to endure the pain and stress of several biopsies, but it is worth it to me because I have my breasts.

However, if keeping your breasts will mean that you will never be at peace, then perhaps that is not the right decision for you. That lady probably felt she was doing you a favor, but you must remember to listen to your own heart and mind and take others' advice as just that.

Pray about it, I wish you peace with your decision. I will keep you in my prayers. Eil
  • mydear1
    mydear1 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello all. I am new at this and not sure I am doing this right but I guess I will catch on. Reading the comments, feeling the support, experiencing the connection is wonderful. I think I am in the right place. I just joined today as suggested by a dear friend who is a breast cancer survivor. I am still at the beginning stages of this journey. I'm scared, confused, uncertain, overwhelmed, etc. I have only told one member of my family so any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Lovely Butterfly - You handled this beautifully! Do what is right for you and hold on. There are many hurtful people out there but don't let any of them steal your joy! Keep that 'happy simle' on your face, hold your head up high and keep moving. Prayers are with you.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    WE need you around too.
    Even if you didn't have a son, the world needs all the kind hearts it can get. Listen to people who know what they are talking about.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    You are a woman full of
    You are a woman full of grace. Your son and getting well are the #1 priority in your life.
    Your attitude will keep you well,kind and alive. Hers will be the end of life if that's all she sees. BOOBS and a MAN. Guess all we can do is pray for her too. Love and hugs to your decision and bravery. Katz
  • pinkapples
    pinkapples Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    People say things without thinking!
    I am new here also, but feel compelled to respond: You dealt with this as gracefully as any of us can hope to!
    Believe it or not, the head of my HR dept actually said to me: Well, why did you wait so long? If you got a mammogram at 40 they would have found it and you wouldnt have to have this surgery!(I am 42 and dx in Feb of this year)
    My point is....People speak without thinking.
    I am a single mom, and my daughter (12 yrs old) gives me strength I never knew I had!
    I commend you on your dedication as a mother and the strength you manage to find even in situations like the one you just faced.

You are an inspiration!!!
    Peace be with you and your family...
    Pink
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    It is what it is.....
    Remember pregnancy? All the stories about how 'they' had it so bad? I remember one well-intentioned but insensitive woman, nontheless, share her labor experience...and it WASN'T pretty!!!!

You must listen to your INNER voice, not the ones around you (unless it's your doctor...then, well, maybe...ROFL!).

Keep your chin up, dear...

Hugs, Kathi
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    That was awful that she said
    That was awful that she said that, but who knows what was going on there???? I had first one mastectomy, then another. I am married but I didn't know how my husband would feel. You know what, he acts like he could care less. He still looks moony eyed and we have been married now 36 years and it has been 23 yrs since my original diagnosis.

It is not a cliche or a Hallmark card sentiment to say that there are good men who will love YOU. You are a helluva lot more than your boobs. And I can see by your photo and your writings that you are a jewel. Get well and don't worry about the rest. And always carry yourself like the queen who you are--I can tell ;-).
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

First of all, you are such a
    First of all, you are such a pretty lady! Yes you are young, and you want to live a long, healthy life. Everyone is different and must make the choice that is right for them. I was 42 at diagnosis, and went with a lumpectomy despite family history. Longterm survival stats are the same for lumpectomy w/rads as mastectomy. Yes, I have had to endure the pain and stress of several biopsies, but it is worth it to me because I have my breasts.

However, if keeping your breasts will mean that you will never be at peace, then perhaps that is not the right decision for you. That lady probably felt she was doing you a favor, but you must remember to listen to your own heart and mind and take others' advice as just that.

Pray about it, I wish you peace with your decision. I will keep you in my prayers. Eil

Lumpectomy is not an option
    Lumpectomy is not an option for everyone. My surgeon does lumpectomies all of the time, but he said that a lumpectomy was not an option for me because my tumor was large and my breast were small.

Likewise, I was told implants weren't an option because the implant has to be put beneath some tissue and I had nothing left. Flap reconstruction was the only option for my cancerous breast.