Did you feel the love last night??

pattimc
pattimc Member Posts: 431
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
As I was lighting my candle for Lesley I felt this overwhelming sense of love that we all have for each other. I could picture candles being lit one by one all over the country for her and the warmth and light from each one. I felt communal in love and in spirit with Lesley and all of us. Not to pat ourselves on the back (well, OK maybe) we are one special group of men and women who are here to support, honor and love one another.

Bless us all...those just beginning their battle, those who have completed treatment and are dancing with Ned, those that have to start their battle all over again and to those special warriors who are now dancing with Jesus.

Love to you all,

Patti

Comments

• upnorthlive57
    upnorthlive57 Member Posts: 41
    Lesley
    It was the best feeling ever wasnt it?!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Patti, yes I felt it, too.
    Patti, yes I felt it, too. As I was lighting my candle the sky was filled with stars and the moon was beautiful. I'm certain one of those stars was Lesley looking down on her family to make sure they are safe. We are definately a very loving and caring group of very special people!! Thank you all for participating.
  • pattimc
    MyTurnNow said:

Patti, yes I felt it, too.
    Patti, yes I felt it, too. As I was lighting my candle the sky was filled with stars and the moon was beautiful. I'm certain one of those stars was Lesley looking down on her family to make sure they are safe. We are definately a very loving and caring group of very special people!! Thank you all for participating.

My Turn Now
    Thanks for suggesting it!

How's your hair coming?? I know we did treatment about the same time. Mine is all grown in and I've had a few haircuts! Actually on a regular schedule to have it cut every 4 weeks just like before BC! Life is good!

Love, Patti
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    pattimc said:

My Turn Now
    Thanks for suggesting it!

How's your hair coming?? I know we did treatment about the same time. Mine is all grown in and I've had a few haircuts! Actually on a regular schedule to have it cut every 4 weeks just like before BC! Life is good!

Love, Patti

Hair is almost back to my pre-chemo days.
    Hi, Patti. I am also having haircuts every 5 weeks. Well, I can't lie, I need color every 5 weeks. LOL. My hair was curly when it first came back in but now seems to be straightening out and becoming more like it was. That's a good thing for me because I wasn't sure what to do with curly hair. I am almost through this 2nd round with the beast, too. I had my bilateral mastectomy on 8/4/10 and opted for starting reconstruction at that time. I have my next appointment with the plastic surgeon to schedule the exchange surgery. I hope it happens real soon. These expanders are not a lot of fun. Once this surgery is done I will be finished with the exception of the Aromasin that I will take for 5 years. So, life is good here, too! Thanks for asking about me.
  • pattimc
    MyTurnNow said:

Hair is almost back to my pre-chemo days.
    Hi, Patti. I am also having haircuts every 5 weeks. Well, I can't lie, I need color every 5 weeks. LOL. My hair was curly when it first came back in but now seems to be straightening out and becoming more like it was. That's a good thing for me because I wasn't sure what to do with curly hair. I am almost through this 2nd round with the beast, too. I had my bilateral mastectomy on 8/4/10 and opted for starting reconstruction at that time. I have my next appointment with the plastic surgeon to schedule the exchange surgery. I hope it happens real soon. These expanders are not a lot of fun. Once this surgery is done I will be finished with the exception of the Aromasin that I will take for 5 years. So, life is good here, too! Thanks for asking about me.

Sorry
    I forgot about the recurrence and here I am worrying about hair!! Hope the exchange goes well. Sounds like everyone hates the expanders...they don't sound like fun at all! I'm switching from Tamoxifen to Arimidex this weekend. I've had few side effects from Tamoxifen so I hope I can say the same for Arimidex!!

Take care! Patti
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I think it was Lesley
    I think it was Lesley sending us her love and strength.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

I think it was Lesley

I was also picturing candle
    I was also picturing candle after candle being lit and burning bright. Yes, Lesley is glowing in the hearts of all who knew her and loved her here on the board and in her home.
    Stef
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I think it was Lesley

Amen .. Warriors! ...
    Felt the love and spirit of Leslie ..

Amen to hair coming back, those of us getting back to normal -- strength and courage to our Sisters in PINK fighting recurrance ... Engery to those suffering from fatigue and
    Faith to us all ..

Vicki Sam
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    VickiSam said:

Amen .. Warriors! ...
    Felt the love and spirit of Leslie ..

Amen to hair coming back, those of us getting back to normal -- strength and courage to our Sisters in PINK fighting recurrance ... Engery to those suffering from fatigue and
    Faith to us all ..

Vicki Sam

Amazing
    I pictured a map of America and hundreds of candles being lit, and I felt the power and energy of Leslie and her family and all of us, her extended family. It was very poignant and gratifying.

xoxo
    Victoria