Wondering how Taxol will affect me...

Options
2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I had the same treatment as
    I had the same treatment as you carrie I have been finished with treatment for 3 weeks now. The AC was the worst for me was really sick all 4 treatments. Taxol was very doable for me. I still have numbness in my feet to where they are so numb they hurt,Does anyone know how long the numbness last after your treatment. I wish you luck carrie

I have numbing in my hands
    I have numbing in my hands and feet. yes and painful too. it is slowly getting better, hands are quicker. there are some meds, I took neurontin but did not tolerate it. I have been told it may never go away totally. It is getting better though.
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Rague said:

We're all so different!
    Taxol was bad for me - MUCH worse than A/C. Had I had a job there is no way I could have worked. With A/C I had 2 days out of 2 weeks each infusion tht I was tired but just tired and rest helped. With Taxol I had 2 days of tired and 5 days of utter and complete exhaustion every week - rest did not help and could not sleep without sleeping pills.

Also with Taxol I would go to sleep as soon as they started the IV Benadryl. I had oral Benadryl with A/C and have taken it many time for Wasp bites and it never made even the least bite drousy but as soon as it would hit IV, I was 'out of it' until about 1/2 hour before the Taxol was done then no longer the least bit drousy.

Susan

me too!
    Taxol kicked my butt, thank God not everyone is the same! I developed nueropathy in both my hand and feet and still deal with that almost a year later, but it's a small price to pay. Hope it goes easier for you....hugs...alison