Sally-Husker Nation is getting ready

Options
LivingFaith
LivingFaith Member Posts: 74
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Sally,

Husker Fever is alive and well here in Nebraska! The Texas game on Saturday is going to be crazy-in a good way I hope! I told my dad that if EC doesn't kill you, a heart attack may during the Texas game. Were you about to get tickets to any games and convince your dad to take the trip back to NU?

I asked my dad if he knew your dad or other possible cousins. He wasn't sure (but was kind of hopped up on pain meds). He did think it was pretty cool your dad from Fullerton and mine being from St. Ed.

Wouldn't it be so cool if we were National Champions again and our dads were around to see and enjoy the game?

Take Care....Deb

Comments

• sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hey Deb!
    No doubt Husker fans are getting psyched for Saturday! As much as I would LOVE to go to a game with my Dad, I just don't think it's in the cards. Though he is doing amazingly well, he likes to stick close to home and his doctors. I went over last Thursday to watch the game with him and my mom said he kept mentioning how he loved having me over. That made me feel good, since my dad isn't big on talking much about anything! LOL. I'm going over again on Saturday to watch the game with him. It's the only time he seems like his "old self". Otherwise he's pretty down and withdrawn.

My aunt and uncle who live in Cleveland will be at the game! They are MAJOR fans too, who go to a couple of games a year and every year to the Big 12 Championship game! So jealous!! LOL.

Anyway...it would be so awesome if the Huskers played for the National Championship and won!! My dad would be over the moon! LOL.

GO BIG RED HUSKER NATION! :)

Blessings,
    Sally
  • 38sallyb
    38sallyb Member Posts: 87
    Options
    sal314 said:

Hey Deb!
    No doubt Husker fans are getting psyched for Saturday! As much as I would LOVE to go to a game with my Dad, I just don't think it's in the cards. Though he is doing amazingly well, he likes to stick close to home and his doctors. I went over last Thursday to watch the game with him and my mom said he kept mentioning how he loved having me over. That made me feel good, since my dad isn't big on talking much about anything! LOL. I'm going over again on Saturday to watch the game with him. It's the only time he seems like his "old self". Otherwise he's pretty down and withdrawn.

My aunt and uncle who live in Cleveland will be at the game! They are MAJOR fans too, who go to a couple of games a year and every year to the Big 12 Championship game! So jealous!! LOL.

Anyway...it would be so awesome if the Huskers played for the National Championship and won!! My dad would be over the moon! LOL.

GO BIG RED HUSKER NATION! :)

Blessings,
    Sally

Game
    We will be watching from Jims hospital room in
    San Antonio. I'm seeing Longhorn shirts already
    but we have RED!!! Wonder if anyone will notice
    the noise from his room???
    Another Husker
    SallyB
  • LivingFaith
    LivingFaith Member Posts: 74
    Options
    38sallyb said:

Game
    We will be watching from Jims hospital room in
    San Antonio. I'm seeing Longhorn shirts already
    but we have RED!!! Wonder if anyone will notice
    the noise from his room???
    Another Husker
    SallyB

game
    It is hopefully going to be a good one! It's nice to have this red thread that runs between us as we all deal with EC. A Husker Red Thread!
    Go Big Red....I'll be thinking of my EC friends today as we watch the game.

Deb in Ne
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options

game
    It is hopefully going to be a good one! It's nice to have this red thread that runs between us as we all deal with EC. A Husker Red Thread!
    Go Big Red....I'll be thinking of my EC friends today as we watch the game.

Deb in Ne

SO Bummed!!
    Spent the day watching the game with my dad. He was NOT happy! Neither was I. Don't know what happened, but they just didn't show up today!! They all had butterfingers! And I'm not talkin' about the candy bar!! They beat themselves! With a little help from some missed calls from the really bad refs!! I think they got paid off by Texas!!!

Sad and frustrated Husker fan!

Sally