wondering

Options
canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
does any one ever felt like the inside of their nose is burnt. i been feeling that way for a couple of days. Im on a/c chemo

Comments

  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    The inside of my nose felt
    The inside of my nose felt dry for a few days before it starting pouring 'water' on A/C. The clear 'water' flowed like someone had turned on a spigot. My eyes also just poured. If I remember correctly it started after the 2nd dose.

    Susan
  • canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Rague said:

    The inside of my nose felt
    The inside of my nose felt dry for a few days before it starting pouring 'water' on A/C. The clear 'water' flowed like someone had turned on a spigot. My eyes also just poured. If I remember correctly it started after the 2nd dose.

    Susan

    im heading for my third one
    I thought i was going crazy for a min.lol thanks.
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Nose
    Mine was watering, too. But when I lost my hair, I lost it everywhere including my nose!!!
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    yes - mine started feeling
    yes - mine started feeling like that when I started losing my nose hairs! I totally didn't think about losing the hair inside my nose! My nose & eyes are watering constantly now! I was on the same, 4 rounds of AC, then 2 rounds of Taxotere. I actually got a small sore on the inside of my nose & used Aquaphor lotion to soothe it.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    pattimc said:

    Nose
    Mine was watering, too. But when I lost my hair, I lost it everywhere including my nose!!!

    Me too
    I lost my hair in my nose also, and my eyes and nose watered alot.
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options

    yes - mine started feeling
    yes - mine started feeling like that when I started losing my nose hairs! I totally didn't think about losing the hair inside my nose! My nose & eyes are watering constantly now! I was on the same, 4 rounds of AC, then 2 rounds of Taxotere. I actually got a small sore on the inside of my nose & used Aquaphor lotion to soothe it.
    *hugs*
    Heather

    The fun just goes on...
    I've not had chemo, but I know nose trouble is one of the side effects. As we exhale, some moisture is expelled. Typically, much of this moisture collects on the nose hairs, and airborne matter [dust, dander, pollen, smoke, etc] sticks to the wet hairs [forming buggars?] instead of continuing onward toward our respiratory system. Also, this moisture helps to keep the delicate membranes in the nose hydrated. Fast forward to chemo, and hair loss. Without those little hairs [they have a technical name that I cannot remember], this simple yet brilliant system is broken.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

    The fun just goes on...
    I've not had chemo, but I know nose trouble is one of the side effects. As we exhale, some moisture is expelled. Typically, much of this moisture collects on the nose hairs, and airborne matter [dust, dander, pollen, smoke, etc] sticks to the wet hairs [forming buggars?] instead of continuing onward toward our respiratory system. Also, this moisture helps to keep the delicate membranes in the nose hydrated. Fast forward to chemo, and hair loss. Without those little hairs [they have a technical name that I cannot remember], this simple yet brilliant system is broken.

    nose
    My nose didn't burn or itch much during chemo ... but I did have problems with ... when I'd blow my nose there would be blood ... and sometimes "clotty" type stuff (sorry!) ... but I've read that some would get blooding noses a lot during chemo.

    It's just amazine what chemo does to different parts of your body. I think we all realize we'll probably lose our hair ... but we don't stop to think about all of the places where we have hair. I was also surprised with the nail issues... not to mention skin rashes, eyes and nose running ... etc. etc. It's just one big adventure after another!

    hugs,
    teena
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    tgf said:

    nose
    My nose didn't burn or itch much during chemo ... but I did have problems with ... when I'd blow my nose there would be blood ... and sometimes "clotty" type stuff (sorry!) ... but I've read that some would get blooding noses a lot during chemo.

    It's just amazine what chemo does to different parts of your body. I think we all realize we'll probably lose our hair ... but we don't stop to think about all of the places where we have hair. I was also surprised with the nail issues... not to mention skin rashes, eyes and nose running ... etc. etc. It's just one big adventure after another!

    hugs,
    teena

    I had runny eyes and my nose was a faucet too!
    I also had brown bloody mucous when I blew my nose (gross--but part of the deal). My onc. said the chemo affects all the mucous membranes--nose, GI tract--even the vagina. Mine did subside after chemo.

    Good luck and keep tissues handy!

    Hugs, Renee