Just Imagine..................

HeartofSoul
HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Of all the cancers, we know breast cancer is the largest and most organized entity raising the most money with thousands in walks aross the country and the most publicity, all deservingly so. We also know that many with other types of cancers would benefit greatly if they could have the same clout, money, organization, huge membership, and access to the public's ear as the breast cancer grass roots organization.

I then thought to myself, wouldnt it be more advantageous to have the forces of ovarian, uterus, and cervical communities and survivors join with the breast cancer community in fund raising, events, races, walks, media access, and identity with have the opportunity to get their message out in one clear voice. To become part of a mobile and well known organization and share in the visibility and support.

The identity of this newly formed alliance might be called,

"Alliance of Breast Utertine Cervical & Ovarian Survivors" or A B U C O S

Heart of Soul

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    You're right that bc gets lots of press.
    I am in a support group with people who are battling a variety of cancers. Many cancers have limited treatment options because fewer people get that type of cancer. Doesn't seem fair but so much is based on statistics. One woman has a very rare uternine cancer and there are NO treatment options. Imagine that!

Roseann
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Uterine and ovarian are
    Uterine and ovarian are suppose to be related to breast so it makes sense. Boy, that would be a huge race for the cure!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Uterine and ovarian are
    Uterine and ovarian are suppose to be related to breast so it makes sense. Boy, that would be a huge race for the cure!

I am curious how we .. as Warrior's can get .. all folks ...
    talking ??? What a great way .. to RACE for a cure. Imagine ... hummmm

❥ ❥ Vicki Sam❥ ❥