Pink theme Halloween Costumes

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just found out that the Women's Retreat I'll be going to is not in Nov (all the others I've been to in the past have been in Nov.) but will be Oct 29th - 31st. So it'll be Halloween Weekend and we are to bring a costume. Any ideas?

So far the only thing I've come up with is to get pink poster paper and make a tube that will go over me. Draw line on the poster that make it look like a fence post and draw barb wire around it like old wire wrapped around the 'post'. A 'sign' that says "Tough Enough to Wear Pink". That's all I've come up with so far but there are so many who are more imangity (sp?)than me (and there will be others needing a costume!) Ideas PLEASE!

Susan

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    How about Glinda from the
    How about Glinda from the Wizard of Oz? My daughter just made the most elaborate and lovely Glinda costume but I know that they sell them on various sites. The wand could say something about Zapping Cancer. Or wrap yourself up in lots of pink netting and go as cotton candy. Sign that says sugar is sweet but cancer sucks. LOL I don't know anything else.
    Stef
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    fauxma said:

How about Glinda from the
    How about Glinda from the Wizard of Oz? My daughter just made the most elaborate and lovely Glinda costume but I know that they sell them on various sites. The wand could say something about Zapping Cancer. Or wrap yourself up in lots of pink netting and go as cotton candy. Sign that says sugar is sweet but cancer sucks. LOL I don't know anything else.
    Stef

I like the Cotton Candy
    I like the Cotton Candy idea! I'm not sure rather or not we might have to be able to sit down or not while wearing them and that would be easier to do wrapped in net than in my 'fence post' idea. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can find out rather or not we have to be able to sit down in costume.

Susan
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    how about a pink candy cane?
    how about a pink candy cane? (kind of along the lines of your post idea)
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Rague said:

I like the Cotton Candy
    I like the Cotton Candy idea! I'm not sure rather or not we might have to be able to sit down or not while wearing them and that would be easier to do wrapped in net than in my 'fence post' idea. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can find out rather or not we have to be able to sit down in costume.

Susan

I know that this one is not
    I know that this one is not pink specific but you could get those smartie candies or write the word smartie on a bunch of pink slips of paper and safety pin them or tack them to your pants (just the front so you can sit). Do you know what that makss you? A smartie pants. You might think of a cute saying to go with it that pertains to breast cancer awareness or getting mammos. I like the peppermint stick also. You could get pink bunny ears and a pink tail and dye a white tee shirt pink and write No Bunny is Immune to Breast Cancer, Help Find A Cure. I think that is it.
    Stef