MEDICAL BRACELETS

Options
roseyposey333
roseyposey333 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone know where I can buy a bracelet that will tell doctors, in case of an emergency, not to take BP or blood from my right arm since that is the side of my surgery and I was told not to allow that so as to prevent lymphadema(sp).

I saw one at my breast cancer support group but it was so ugly,plastic pink and white and looked like a hospital bracelet. R

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    The ACS TLC catalog has
    The ACS TLC catalog has some. They have right, left, or both. As I recall, they weren't very expensive either.

Hugs,

Linda
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    medicalidbraceletsonline.com
    medicalidbraceletsonline.com (seriously!) has some really cute ones with lots of different styles. They ranged from $5.00 to $25.00 as far as I could tell.
    I saw some that were really like jewelry on another site, but as pretty as they are, I don't know if, in the case of an emergency, EMTs would even recognize it as a med alert bracelet!
    Happy shopping!

I think it is a good idea to keep the UGLY ones in your car..can't have too much info around you just in case, huh?

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    There was a post
    there was a post on here, I think last Friday. It listed a link to a site that was giving them free. I ordered one. Can't remember who originated the post (chemo brain) but pretty sure of the date.

marge
  • lovs2decorate
    lovs2decorate Member Posts: 44
    Options
    I purchased mine from a site
    I purchased mine from a site called creativemedicalid.com.

I had it done in surgical stainless steel, it is link braclet with a heart charm on it and on the back of the heart is "LIMB" & "TRAM FLAP". My dr. advised me to have that put on, like you said, in case of an accident and you are unresponsive. I also carry a medical alert card in my wallet.

The braclet wasn't cheep but I figured if I was going to wear it forever, I may as well get one I liked.

Hope the site gives you some choices you like!

Hugs,
    Justine
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Yes, I was given a colorful
    Yes, I was given a colorful plastic one by the PT to use if I have to go back into the hospital. It's to get their attention. I have another that I ordered from national Lymphedema Network Inc. 1-800-541-3259

I forget how much it was but it was between $5 and $10. I've added a picture of it on my expressions page. Couldn't get the words to show real good but it gives you an idea of what it looks like. It says: LYMPHEDEMA ALERT
    NO BLOOD PRESSURE
    NO NEEDLES
    INTO THIS ARM
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Free
    The plastic ones are free from this website: http://www.lymphedema.com/alertband.htm
    I received my pink one in the mail today. I don't know if this is the one you looked at. Yes, it does look like a hospital bracelet but I'm going to carry mine with me in my wallet so it doesn't matter to me. I wrote the side to avoid with a black sharpie.

Michele
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Free
    The plastic ones are free from this website: http://www.lymphedema.com/alertband.htm
    I received my pink one in the mail today. I don't know if this is the one you looked at. Yes, it does look like a hospital bracelet but I'm going to carry mine with me in my wallet so it doesn't matter to me. I wrote the side to avoid with a black sharpie.

Michele

Thanks
    I just ordered ont of the free ones - sure they will send me a catalog.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Another idea
    What I did was have it engraved on the medical braclet that I was already wearing for my penicillin allergy. I had to take it to a trophy shop to have it done but I thought that was better than wearing 2 braclets.

Hugs
    Georgia
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

Thanks
    I just ordered ont of the free ones - sure they will send me a catalog.

That was fast!
    I got the free bracelets (they sent 2) in today's (Oct 15) mail - that was fast considering that it ws in the afternoon on the 12th that I e-mailed them and they are in CA.

Is rather a bright pink and does look kind of like a hospital band (or one of those bands you have to get at events if you're buying beer except they usually don't use pink). Going to put 1 in my Bronco II and 1 in my truck so when I'm going on longer road trips or doing something that's a bit likely/possible to get hurt doing I'll have it handy to put on just in case.

Susan
  • CeeCee410
    CeeCee410 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Med Alert Bracelet
    www.laurenshope.com and www.creativemedicalid.com

Peace,
    Charlene
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    i asked this
    AND MY dr told me if in emergency they wont' care what arm or how they get IV started etc...

when I have had surgery since they just put BRIGHT large note on my IV pole etc..
  • TP123
    TP123 Member Posts: 53
    Options

i asked this
    AND MY dr told me if in emergency they wont' care what arm or how they get IV started etc...

when I have had surgery since they just put BRIGHT large note on my IV pole etc..

What about a tattoo
    I've been thinking about getting a tattoo before my surgery to say "No B/P or needles this arm" Small and near my inner elbow. Whattya think???
  • canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
    Options
    The TLC Catlog
    Excuse the spelling The aamerican cancer society can help you get the catalog
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    TP123 said:

What about a tattoo
    I've been thinking about getting a tattoo before my surgery to say "No B/P or needles this arm" Small and near my inner elbow. Whattya think???

just a thought
    IF we are not to use one arm for blood, needles, shots, BP would it be ok for tattoo?

Just curious?
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    I bought one from
    I bought one from americanmedical-id.com. I picked up the pamphlet at the pharmacy. It looks like an ID bracelet and has a large red cross in the front. They have many styles and colors to chose from.
  • TP123
    TP123 Member Posts: 53
    Options

just a thought
    IF we are not to use one arm for blood, needles, shots, BP would it be ok for tattoo?

Just curious?

I'm not sure, that's why I am thinking before surgery might be best.
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    TP123 said:

I'm not sure, that's why I am thinking before surgery might be best.

ahhh
    that makes sense..I mis-understood