Polishin' my boots, practicin' my Howdy....UPDATE

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
2 more days till Colonpalooza 8 (many of the peeps from the colorectal board get together once a year, somewhere in the US).....Fort Worth, Texas here we come!!! My daughter is traveling with me, to keep me out of too much trouble....ROFLMAO!!!

YEA!!!

BTW, is there a Coyote Ugly saloon in Fort Worth or surrounding? ROFLMAO!!!! (Remember, I'm the one that dances on bars, leaving my bra behind hanging from the rafters in the bar, with "Support for a breast cancer survivor" written on it).

UPDATE

We arrived safely, 8 of us went to dinner last night at a delicious restaurant, serving Texas-sized plates (we all shared an entree between 2 people).

Today the weather is warm and breezy, headed to the botanical gardens and maybe a museum or two...later, check out some local watering holes...

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Kathi .. Have a grand ole time - enjoy yourself
    and I'll see you when you return!

••.•´¯`•.••Vicki Sam ••.•´¯`•.••
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Kathi you are too funny. Go
    Kathi you are too funny. Go to "North Side" its in the Stockyards in Fort Worth you will not be dissappointed. Skip Billy Bobs if you want to party, its more of an attraction. Eat at Risky's IN downtown (they have several locations), downtown is the best BBQ!!! Where are you staying? Hope you have a great time.
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Good luck
    to your daughter. She has her work cut out for her!

*grin*

Maureen
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

Good luck
    to your daughter. She has her work cut out for her!

*grin*

Maureen

Have fun!
    Kathi, please enjoy your stay in Texas, and enjoy some beautiful weather here. You will be so close, but yet so far (I live about 2 hours southeast of Dallas). I will have you guys on my mind as you enjoy each other's company, and have fun just being together. Let us know how it goes. Hugs, Judy
  • pinkflutterby

Have fun!
    Kathi, please enjoy your stay in Texas, and enjoy some beautiful weather here. You will be so close, but yet so far (I live about 2 hours southeast of Dallas). I will have you guys on my mind as you enjoy each other's company, and have fun just being together. Let us know how it goes. Hugs, Judy

BTW....
    no one really says Howdy in the City its more in the outskirts of town, the smaller more country towns that they do, my grandparents live in Gainesville and they do actually say Howdy to everyone, lol just preparing ya!

We do all however, say Ya'll :)
  • pinkflutterby

Have fun!

BTW....
    no one really says Howdy in the City its more in the outskirts of town, the smaller more country towns that they do, my grandparents live in Gainesville and they do actually say Howdy to everyone, lol just preparing ya!

We do all however, say Ya'll :)
  • pinkflutterby

Have fun!

BTW....
    wow a 2fer
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Don't DUDE youself up as
    Don't DUDE youself up as your stereo-typical idea of a Texan (or anyone else 'in the West) - you'll only mark yourself as a "Dude" or "Dud". It's so easy to spot the tourist that are trying to look like they think is the local norm. It's not the clothes sometimes but rather how you move and look overall. Also how you 'talk'.
  • KathiM
    Rague said:

Don't DUDE youself up as
    Don't DUDE youself up as your stereo-typical idea of a Texan (or anyone else 'in the West) - you'll only mark yourself as a "Dude" or "Dud". It's so easy to spot the tourist that are trying to look like they think is the local norm. It's not the clothes sometimes but rather how you move and look overall. Also how you 'talk'.

Yeah, in my other home (The Netherlands) it's the same....
    I'm accused of speaking Dutch 'with an American accent'!!!!

I'm just fooling around....jeans and shirts will be the dress of the day....it's going to be low to mid 80's the whole time, so just like here in Southern California.

Thanks for the warnings!

Hugs, Kathi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Yeehaw!! Whoop it up and
    Yeehaw!! Whoop it up and have a gand ole time.
    Stef
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Have a good time but
    Have a good time but remember that half the people are probably from somewhere else! Like us! Lots of people move here to get away from the cold. Well I'm talking further south really. Sorry for a minute there I forgot how big Texas is. Down here just don't get caught saying 'pop' or they'll know you are from someplace else. It's 'soda' down here.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Have fun
    but try to stay out of the "pokey"

Hugs
    Georgia
  • KathiM
    The day is here...off to the airport...
    All teasing aside, I love Texas! I've been to Dallas, and San Antonio, and I find the people so friendly! I also have a dear friend from Houston, who INSISTS on opening doors for me...lol...even when I've already opened it myself!!!!

Thank you all for your suggestions! We are going to a rodeo, and the State Fair in Houston...leaving today, Wednesday....back Sunday.

I am taking my computer, so hopefully will be able to post some pics along the way....

Hugs to you all!!!!

Kathi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    KathiM said:

The day is here...off to the airport...
    All teasing aside, I love Texas! I've been to Dallas, and San Antonio, and I find the people so friendly! I also have a dear friend from Houston, who INSISTS on opening doors for me...lol...even when I've already opened it myself!!!!

Thank you all for your suggestions! We are going to a rodeo, and the State Fair in Houston...leaving today, Wednesday....back Sunday.

I am taking my computer, so hopefully will be able to post some pics along the way....

Hugs to you all!!!!

Kathi

Have a wonderful time and a
    Have a wonderful time and a safe trip. I'll look forward to your pics!!
  • KathiM
    bump
    bump
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    KathiM said:

bump
    bump

Kathi, you've got your
    Kathi, you've got your picture up standing by the bar that says Coyote Ugly and I thought at first you posted "burp"!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Kathi, you've got your
    Kathi, you've got your picture up standing by the bar that says Coyote Ugly and I thought at first you posted "burp"!

Ha-ha, Marcia.
    Thanks for pointing out that Kathi's picture had changed. I had to "refresh" to get it.