Getting worse

marines911
marines911 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Lesley's status has taken a huge change for the worst. I feel so very numb and feel like vomiting, but I must remain strong for my kids. We have family here and we are just praying and speaking to her. I don't think that she will make it through the night or if she does, not much longer after that. Vitals are getting worse and the hospice nurse is very caring and has been very honest and supportive. Thank you all for all your love, support and PRAYERS.

I will keep you all updated.

Thomas

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    (((((HUGS))))) I am so, so
    (((((HUGS))))) I am so, so very sorry by this new. Even with it "expected", it really isn't, is it? I cannot even begin to imagine what you must be feeling; or your children and most of all Lesley.
    The hearts of all you have touched here on the boards are with you.
    I wish you and your family Peace.

Claudia
  • MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
    My prayers are with you. I
    My prayers are with you. I am not sure what else to say, just know there are so many of us who care about you and are trying to help hold you up with our thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs,
    Michelle
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

My prayers are with you. I
    My prayers are with you. I am not sure what else to say, just know there are so many of us who care about you and are trying to help hold you up with our thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs,
    Michelle

Prayers and thoughts
    My prayers and thoughts are with you Thomas and your whole family.
    Remember when the time comes Leslie will be God's chosen angel to continue to watch over you and the children.

Hugs to you all, Margo
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Thomas, I can't tell you how
    Thomas, I can't tell you how sorry I am. This has to be the hardest thing you have ever done. I pray for a peaceful journey for Lesley, when the time comes God will take her home. And she will wait for you there. We are all with you. You will have our strength to help you. God bless you all.Kay
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Hi Thomas, I'm so sorry you
    Hi Thomas, I'm so sorry you and your children are going through what will likely be the most difficult time in your lives. As you are going through this remember that Lesley is going to a beautiful place and her pain and suffering will be gone forever. My heart aches for you as I have done the hospice experience with my Mom (she was young too), but I know it will all get better in time. Big Hugs and keep coming here for support.
    Kari
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Prayers
    May God hold you in the palm of His hands.
    Love, Pat
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    padee6339 said:

Prayers
    May God hold you in the palm of His hands.
    Love, Pat

Thomas I am so very sorry
    Thomas I am so very sorry that you all have to go through this. I think you are such a strong person and loving husband to take care of your wife in the comfort of your home in her last days. It is extremely hard to do but she will pass peacefully surrounded by those who love her and God will be right there by her side and yours.
    Please take care of yourself and prayers are coming into your household probably every minute if this site has anything to do with it.
    May God be with you.
    Wanda
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135

Thomas I am so very sorry
    Thomas I am so very sorry that you all have to go through this. I think you are such a strong person and loving husband to take care of your wife in the comfort of your home in her last days. It is extremely hard to do but she will pass peacefully surrounded by those who love her and God will be right there by her side and yours.
    Please take care of yourself and prayers are coming into your household probably every minute if this site has anything to do with it.
    May God be with you.
    Wanda

Thomas you have been wonderful!
    I'm so sorry for all of you. Just keep telling her how much you all love her she will hear you. Your
    children will need you more than ever to get trough this. You will in by prays.Keep your faith it will help you. She in good hands. May God be with you all.
    Cindy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Thomas, our hearts are ALL
    Thomas, our hearts are ALL with YOU! You have been a wonderful husband and caregiver for Lesley. Sending you strength to continue on for your children. I was told by Hospice that the hearing is the last thing to go so continue to let Lesley know how much you love her. My heart is hurting for all of you!
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    I know you can do this
    Thomas, you have been amazingly strong for Lesley and for your family this entire time. Even though you have been the last thing on your mind this entire time, please remember to look out for yourself too, okay? Praying for Lesley, for you, and for your entire family!

Joe
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Aortus said:

I know you can do this
    Thomas, you have been amazingly strong for Lesley and for your family this entire time. Even though you have been the last thing on your mind this entire time, please remember to look out for yourself too, okay? Praying for Lesley, for you, and for your entire family!

Joe

My heartfelt thoughts and
    My heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you and your family. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

My heartfelt thoughts and
    My heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you and your family. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

My Prayers
    and thoughts are with you and your family.

Peace be with you,
    Victoria
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Thomas, My prayers are with
    Thomas, My prayers are with you and your children during this difficult time. Believe that God's love will take care of everything. Peace be with you.
    Sparkle
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    So sorry to hear this. Peace
    So sorry to hear this. Peace be with you.

Marcia
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    In Spirit
    Thomas... we are there with you in spirit holding your hand. We are in vigil with you and your family as you keep watch over Lesley. I am sorry you and yours are having to go through this. But I am so glad that you are together, comforting one another in these moments.
    BL
  • winsomebulldog
    winsomebulldog Member Posts: 117 Member
    Oh, Thomas, I am so very sorry.
    I have not lost my spouse, but I have been where you are with other members of my immediate family and I know how hard it is. We put our own feelings aside so we can be strong for everyone else, but that doesn't mean we aren't falling apart inside. I so wish we could physically be there with you, to help you and your family, to hold your hands and share our strength. But know that we are there with you in spirit. I am praying for both of you and for all your family. I have asked my friends to pray for you as well. God knows what you all need and He will deliver. Again, I'm just so sorry about this turn Lesley has taken. Just keep on doing what you're doing and know that you are not alone.

Blessings,

Jenn
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    My prayers are with you and
    My prayers are with you and your family.

Linda
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    So Very Sorry Thomas!
    Oh Thomas my heart just aches for you and your family! I know from your post's that you have a great faith so please try to take comfort in the knowledge that when your beloved Lesley leaves this world she will be at peace no longer in pain. I continue to lift you all in prayer. (Matt 11:28)

RE
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Thomas .. We are all here for you and Leslie...
    God blessings to all of you... I wish I had something inspirational to offer other than my prayers.

My offer still stands !

Strength and Love,

Vicki Sam
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    VickiSam said:

Thomas .. We are all here for you and Leslie...
    God blessings to all of you... I wish I had something inspirational to offer other than my prayers.

My offer still stands !

Strength and Love,

Vicki Sam

Oh, Thomas, add me to your list of people who care
    All we can do for you is pray, and let you know that you, your beautiful wife and your family are in our thoughts are prayers constantly.

Hugs, Renee