Exchange surgery & Work

slynch
slynch Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
For any of you who have had the exchange surgery, how long did your doctor make you stay out of work? I will have mine on Wednesday (13th) and have heard that this is a piece of cake compared to the mastectomy. Just wondering how long to plan on being out.

Comments

• hoop77
    hoop77 Member Posts: 84
    I went back to work after 2
    I went back to work after 2 weeks, could've gone sooner, but drains and the pain of driving kept me out. This surgery really is a piece of cake compared to the first one! You have immediate relief getting those hard expanders out. I had to have drains again which was the worst part. Best of luck to you in your journey!
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    I had mastectomy and
    I had mastectomy and expanders at the same time and I was out of work 6 weeks. Not sure how long it would be with just expanders.

seof.
  • slynch
    slynch Member Posts: 82
    seof said:

I had mastectomy and
    I had mastectomy and expanders at the same time and I was out of work 6 weeks. Not sure how long it would be with just expanders.

seof.

Same Time
    I had the mastectomy and expanders at the same time. I was out of work then for about 5 weeks. I was hoping it would be less time with this.
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    exchange
    Hi Slynch,

I had my surgery on a Wednesday and went back to work (albeit sore) on that Monday.

Really not too bad.

xxoo,

SamuraiMom