Skipper 85 - Update

skipper85
skipper85 Member Posts: 229
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello Everyone:

Your prayers are truly appreciated. I think things may be starting to turn around a bit.
My sister has not passed yet. I am praying that she moves on to her eternal life as soon as possible so both she and her family can be at peace - but not on Wednesday because that's my Mom's birthday and it would be an awful reminder for my Mom - she's going to be 87.

My husband has gone to a primary care doctor that he actually likes and he's also scheduled an appointment with the dermatologist about the possible melanomas. He's called the lung surgeon to set up a surgery date for the lung cancer but the surgeon has not called back yet. He has to review the CAT scan results. Hopefully my husband hasn't put things off for too long and will still be able to have the surgery. He got medication from the primary care doctor that made his throat better and now he's eating more than before and trying to drink more Ensure. He still doesn't look too good but at least he's trying and he has a better attitude.

I haven't heard anything about my mammogram yet. My doctor doesn't work every day of the week. It's a large practice with many doctors. So I don't know if she's reviewed the results yet or what. I want to know but I'm afraid to call. My feeling is that since they decided I didn't need the ultrasound to make a determination things might be okay. Of course they don't give you any information right then and there. That would avoid so much stress for so many people.

Anyway, I have been working hard and haven't had too much time to go through the bc board this past week. I don't want to be a taker. I want to support all you wonderful people as much as you have supported and prayed for me and my family.

I'm on lunch hour now but I will get back to the boards later today or early tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone. Keep your fingers and toes crossed that my mammogram was okay.

Skipper

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Skipper, you and your family
    Skipper, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Of course, today is Columbus Day, so it may be tomorrow? Please let us know; we are with you.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    You and your family remain
    You and your family remain in my prayers. I hope things get better for you and your husband. I pray your test come back clean. Take care Kay, God bless you all.
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member

You and your family remain
    You and your family remain in my prayers. I hope things get better for you and your husband. I pray your test come back clean. Take care Kay, God bless you all.

Prayers on the wing
    I don't find you to be a "taker" at all skipper. Just someone with an overloaded plate!

Peace and prayers for you and your husband.

Jennifer