Anxiety (mine) - help! No, I mean really help!

Options
2»

Comments

• SCBCS92710
    SCBCS92710 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Thank you, everyone.
    I have always been just about the strongest person I knew, having dealt with horrendous stuff from an early age. I am a survivor. I am. But dealing with Verizon over my parents phone line that has been out of service for 6 weeks just put me over the edge. And I didn't feel panic or anxiety really, I felt rage. I was enraged when they set a repair date for 10/14 when they knew how dire the situation is and my BP zoomed to 188/98, which in turn caused the pain and pressure.

I see my pcp at the end of the month, but since I work in a pc clinic, I will see a provider there (a friend) tomorrow. Sounds like lorazepam is the way to go for just a little while to take the edge off and let me get back to being me. I can't let anger get the best of me.

Again, thank you all so much.

Sue

Panic attacks
    Hi Sue - Your family situation is a little more stressful than mine when diagnosed with BC and I have just completed my treatments. I started having chemo induced anxiety attacks and ended up going to Wellness seminars for more info, Yoga for breathing control and learning to let things go. Check with your local hospital if they have Medicaid for you when hubby retires and start their paper work process now before you need medical attention - STAT blood transfusion #1 was not good as the paper work had to be processed first and then treated. My learning about insurance was the hard way - I lost it when lost my teaching position at a private preschool and literally got booted out of my oncologist's private clinic when Medicaid wasn't approved fast enough for him. All in all, do what's best for you and you always have to be your own advocate - hardest lesson I had to learn with BC.
    Take care