Introducing myself , and need your support !

Options
2»

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Here, too? Busy guy!!!
    Hey there...you found my 'other' hangout!

Hugs, Kathi

just bad luck kathi ,I wish not to be here
    just don't want to say anything in our other home until we get the results but...Any way you can be a good help for us.
    See you in the semicolon gang!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

just don't want to say anything in our other home until we get the results but...Any way you can be a good help for us.

Your secret is safe with me.....
    I'm sending up prayers that it's nothing!!!!

But, also know, that because it's early...it's better for treatment options...and there are MANY of us that are long-term survivors!!!

Please keep us posted!

Hugs, Kathi
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Concern for your wife
    My husband and I have been in the same situation as you and your wife. 3 years ago he was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer. He had surgery to remove the mass, and that was followed by 9 rounds of chemotherapy by infusion and some oral chemo drugs as well. Last November I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had an axillary dissection followed by a mastectomy and then chemotherapy (by infusion). My last chemo treatment was on August 4th.

While having cancer and undergoing treatment is not something I would wish on my worst enemy, we have both come through it and appreciate each other more than we did before. I couldn't have done it without him. It is wonderful that you are showing such concern for your wife. I know this is a VERY difficult time for both of you.

Good luck and keep us posted on what is going on.
  • pepebcn
    Options

Concern for your wife
    My husband and I have been in the same situation as you and your wife. 3 years ago he was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer. He had surgery to remove the mass, and that was followed by 9 rounds of chemotherapy by infusion and some oral chemo drugs as well. Last November I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had an axillary dissection followed by a mastectomy and then chemotherapy (by infusion). My last chemo treatment was on August 4th.

While having cancer and undergoing treatment is not something I would wish on my worst enemy, we have both come through it and appreciate each other more than we did before. I couldn't have done it without him. It is wonderful that you are showing such concern for your wife. I know this is a VERY difficult time for both of you.

Good luck and keep us posted on what is going on.

thank you all.
    Hope is only a nuisance alarm!
  • Ladymom
    Ladymom Member Posts: 10
    Options
    pepebcn said:

We are concern because in this moment
    we got a very good frien who is on chemo and we see how hard it is, especially because she got neulasta or so to get her immune system up,she is suffering so much with neulasta!.
    Hope is not always necessary .
    Have the best heather!.

neulasta
    I got neupogen shots instead of neulasta. I was told that bone pain was a possible side effect of the neupogen but I didn't experience any significant side effects. The AC chemo, now that was another story. That would knock me down for a few days.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Pepe,
    I had the Onco dx test to help me decide. Even though I had one node involved, my score was 4 and I had the lumpecomy followed by radiation. Now 5 years of Arimidex.

Prayers and best wishes for both of you.

Sue
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Pepe,
    I had the Onco dx test to help me decide. Even though I had one node involved, my score was 4 and I had the lumpecomy followed by radiation. Now 5 years of Arimidex.

Prayers and best wishes for both of you.

Sue

Welcome Pepe
    I am sorry for your need to be here but you will get so much help and information. I was diagnosed with BC in Jan. 10 I had a lump that was right at 1 cm. I had no nodes involved. I had a lumpectomy, 4 rounds of chemo and 30 rad treatments. My Onc. did not do the Onco dx test. I was told becase of my "young" age (49) that we needed to be agressive. I am now on 5 yrs. of Tamoxifen. I will be praying for you and your wife. God Bless
    Janice
  • pepebcn
    Options

Welcome Pepe
    I am sorry for your need to be here but you will get so much help and information. I was diagnosed with BC in Jan. 10 I had a lump that was right at 1 cm. I had no nodes involved. I had a lumpectomy, 4 rounds of chemo and 30 rad treatments. My Onc. did not do the Onco dx test. I was told becase of my "young" age (49) that we needed to be agressive. I am now on 5 yrs. of Tamoxifen. I will be praying for you and your wife. God Bless
    Janice

thank you sue and janice.
    Unfortunately palex (manufacturer of the test) is still on trials here in europe to reach
    the approval of EMEA , European medicine agency, so .....
    Hugs.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Hola Pepe and Tote
    sorry you had reason to visit this site but you will find a wealth of info. Pathology reports have stage, ER, PR and HER2 results, etc. Oncotype testing is done if oncologist orders it. My oncologist said he did not need it. I had a large Lobular tumor (6.1cm) but no lymph nodes involved. However, I'm the 5th in my family with bc. I'm having chemo cocktail Taxotere/Cytoxan #4 tomorrow. I get the Neulasta shot the day after. So far side effects have been bearable. I sleep a lot and hydration is definitely a must. I also take Decadron (steroid) the day before and 2 days after. On the day of chemo I take Emend and also 2 days after. These have helped minimize problems. Wishing you both the best.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    pepebcn said:

We are concern because in this moment
    we got a very good frien who is on chemo and we see how hard it is, especially because she got neulasta or so to get her immune system up,she is suffering so much with neulasta!.
    Hope is not always necessary .
    Have the best heather!.

Neulasta
    I finished chemo almost a year ago and did not have to have neulasta. It's not always necessary. Chemo is hard but as others have said it's doable.

Good luck to you and your wife.

marge
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Hola Pepe and Tote
    sorry you had reason to visit this site but you will find a wealth of info. Pathology reports have stage, ER, PR and HER2 results, etc. Oncotype testing is done if oncologist orders it. My oncologist said he did not need it. I had a large Lobular tumor (6.1cm) but no lymph nodes involved. However, I'm the 5th in my family with bc. I'm having chemo cocktail Taxotere/Cytoxan #4 tomorrow. I get the Neulasta shot the day after. So far side effects have been bearable. I sleep a lot and hydration is definitely a must. I also take Decadron (steroid) the day before and 2 days after. On the day of chemo I take Emend and also 2 days after. These have helped minimize problems. Wishing you both the best.
    {{hugs}} Char

Pepe--sounds like you have gotten a lot of valuable info here.
    So sorry to hear about your situation and your wife's. Praying that her tests come back okay, but if they do not--she can do it! I was Stage 3C with 10 positive nodes. I had 2 surgeries, 6 rounds of chemo and 33 radiation treatments. None of it was fun, but I was determined to fight as hard as I could. I am due to have tests done this week and am keeping my fingers crossed and praying for good results.

Please keep us posted on your wife's situation. We're all here to try to help, offer prayers, and wish you the best.

Hugs, Renee
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    It all depends. My wife was
    It all depends. My wife was Stage I, but grade 3 and triple negative, so they recommended chemotherapy.

There is a test they can perform called an Oncotype test that will tell how well the cancer will react to chemo.

Chemo is difficult, but she can do it.
  • pepebcn
    Options
    Hubby said:

It all depends. My wife was
    It all depends. My wife was Stage I, but grade 3 and triple negative, so they recommended chemotherapy.

There is a test they can perform called an Oncotype test that will tell how well the cancer will react to chemo.

Chemo is difficult, but she can do it.

thankyou all for your support and
    solidarity !This board is great!
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    Options
    pepebcn said:

thankyou all for your support and
    solidarity !This board is great!
    Hugs!

After 2 hours mastectomy , 1 week awaiting for biopsy results,
    despite the pessimistic thoughts of the doctors ,surgeon and radiologist ,it was NOTHING, thanks god !
    Thank you for your interest and support pink ladies!
    always grateful !
    Pepe.
    Barcelona .
  • carriesoup
    carriesoup Member Posts: 144
    Options
    hello!
    i had a 2.5cm tumor

hello!

i had a 2.5cm tumor removed, with lymph node involvement. i had a lumpectomy. i had to have chemo. chemo is tough, but your wife can do it!! everyone is different. they have a lot of medicines that will help with side effects. being tired is the biggest thing. i'm still working through chemo though!
    let us know how you two are doing :)

carrie :)