I am still here.

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been reading the boards almost everyday but just couldn't bring myself to post anything. I am so saddened by all of the bad news posted by the sister's that I have come to care about. I just don't know what to say.

Please know that you are all always in my thoughts and prayers and that I have not forgotten any of you.

HUGS

Always

Donna

Comments

• Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Same here
    Donna, I know the feeling. There are posts that leave me so empty. My emotions are kept in check. I wish there was some way I could just reach out and physically touch everyone and be able to take away the pain, grief, and disease. As always my prayers and thoughts go out to all. Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one who suffers for all silently.

Kathryn
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I know what you mean Donna,
    I know what you mean Donna, I don't always know what to say either. I just keep trying, It has been sad lately. But I will always be here for our sister. Take care Kay
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member

I know what you mean Donna,
    I know what you mean Donna, I don't always know what to say either. I just keep trying, It has been sad lately. But I will always be here for our sister. Take care Kay

My feeling too.
    It's hard finally being done with treatment and happy for myself when I hear of all the recurrences happening. I want to be supportive but don't have the words.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    (((((((((HUGS))))))))
    (((((((((HUGS)))))))) sisters! Thank you for still being here~even if you are not posting as often~it is sometimes hard to know what the "right thing" to say is, when we are scared and sad and wish this was an all good news BC board! Even with the obvious ( newbies, mets, loss) I think that the lack of love and compassion that some of our sweet Kindred Spirits also deal with in their personal lives is so disheartening. I wish I had The Magic for all of us, and that I could bestow calm and peace on all of us. Myself included!

Every day is not joyful on the boards~ it is often NOT in keeping with my Ostrich Therapy! Very difficult for me to pretend all is well when others need to vent, or share their fear or sadness with this vast army of cyber-warriors who we have come to know and love like our actual families.

For me, the boards are still a Safe Place To land. Not always an easy place, but one I am still drawn to 8 years after joining this family. I can't help but think of how much nurturing, reassurance, and advice I got by listening to and following in the footsteps of those brave souls who preceeded me in the battle.

I know you haven't forgotten any of us! Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers ; you are in ours too!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    It has been an emotional
    It has been an emotional week for us, hasn't it? I am going out to do a little shopping therapy today to regroup. But I love you all and send my biggest cyberhug!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

It has been an emotional
    It has been an emotional week for us, hasn't it? I am going out to do a little shopping therapy today to regroup. But I love you all and send my biggest cyberhug!

Donna and Kathryn,
    It is

Donna and Kathryn,
    It is very hard to know what to say when the post is a very sad one and we have had many of those but I know from past experience that just all my friends here wishing me well, and saying they will keep me in their prayers and good thoughts means just the world. I really feel those cyber hugs. The smallest thing can often give us the biggest lift.
    It is good to hear from old friends as well. Just having them check in and tell us that they are doing fine and living life can be a lift to the spirit as well.
    Stef
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    fauxma said:

Donna and Kathryn,
    It is

Donna and Kathryn,
    It is very hard to know what to say when the post is a very sad one and we have had many of those but I know from past experience that just all my friends here wishing me well, and saying they will keep me in their prayers and good thoughts means just the world. I really feel those cyber hugs. The smallest thing can often give us the biggest lift.
    It is good to hear from old friends as well. Just having them check in and tell us that they are doing fine and living life can be a lift to the spirit as well.
    Stef

Thank you ChenHeart for describing what the majority of
    we Warriors are experiencing and feeling.

I just want to SCREAM ... it's not fair!

Vicki Sam
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Me, too.
    Mostly, I read and weep. There are posts that make me cry more than when I was fist dx'd. I hardly know what to say or how to respond. But my heart goes out to each and every one. I worry when someone hasn't posted in awhile and rejoice when they do. I hold my breath when some are awaiting news and I pray for a good outcome and pray when it's not.

Sue
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Hi Donna!!
    It is good to see you post. We have missed you. Don't be a stranger
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Hi Donna!!
    It is good to see you post. We have missed you. Don't be a stranger

Donna .. I forgot to ask .. How's retirement treating
    you ? .. Enjoying yourself?

Vicki Sam
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hey Donna
    Like you, I check in almost daily. I wish everyone could be well again. I'm still ok, not the same, just ok for now. Trying to stay optimistic.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Hi Donna
    Yes, there have been several sad posts recently. Glad to know you're still viewing but not commenting.
    Char
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    VickiSam said:

Donna .. I forgot to ask .. How's retirement treating
    you ? .. Enjoying yourself?

Vicki Sam

Vicki,Retirement is great.
    Vicki,

Retirement is great. Love not having to get up at 0530 in the mornings. I used to hate to have to go to work while it ws still dark. I take a little walk now, about a mile, in the mornings around 0730. I can tell you where all of the dogs are in our neighborhood. Some of them scare the bejeebers out of me but I just keep on moving. I am crocheting more caps to give away. Just finished number 38. Not sure how many I will have when I am finished, probably aroung 60. I think I got way too much yarn this time but this will be the last batch that I make for a while. I only have 3 more Herceptin treatments, finiahing in Nov. Them I can finally get rid of my port in Dec. A Christmas present to myself.

Thanks for all the comments.

Hugs to all.

Donna
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    cahjah75 said:

Hi Donna
    Yes, there have been several sad posts recently. Glad to know you're still viewing but not commenting.
    Char

Donna, good to see your
    Donna, good to see your post. I'm only checking in about once a week, just don't have the energy to do much, still in radiation and wore down from all the treatments. It's so hard to encourage others when sometimes you need encouraging too. Its been a year since my dx and it just seems to never end. I'm getting close to the finish line and can feel all of you cheering me on. Its still one day at a time but hopefully we'll all get there and can enjoy the victory.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Sunrae said:

Donna, good to see your
    Donna, good to see your post. I'm only checking in about once a week, just don't have the energy to do much, still in radiation and wore down from all the treatments. It's so hard to encourage others when sometimes you need encouraging too. Its been a year since my dx and it just seems to never end. I'm getting close to the finish line and can feel all of you cheering me on. Its still one day at a time but hopefully we'll all get there and can enjoy the victory.

Donna and Sunrae, Yay!!!!

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    carkris said:

great to see you both!

great to see you both!