So will there be swelling or shrinking with rads?

2Floridiansisters
2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I still have some swelling from my lumpectomy, now starting with the rads on Monday will I see more? I was thinking with a lumpectomy and radiation I would end up with a smaller breast but not so far, it's bigger then ever. I was already sort of lopsided, way before breast cancer came along. Now what will the end result eventually look like?

Am I going to be a DD on one side and a FF or a D on the other. I just want normal boobs, I just want my old life back. Can this suck anymore than it already does?

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    The swelling should
    The swelling should gradually disappear. It is possible that you have a hematoma (collection of blood) at the site which your body should gradually reabsorb. But if the swelling if worse than you think it should be and especially if you have redness, warmth, fever, drainage (signs of infection), please contact your doctor.

Hope you are symmetrical and feeling better soon! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    I didn't think I had any
    I didn't think I had any swelling after 2 weeks of rads. However, I have noticed that when I take off my bra to change for bed, my radded boob has bra marks whereas my un-radded boob has none. So, I figured it has to be a bit swollen. Not much though. Rad techs said a bit of swelling is normal.

Good luck, Cindy