COMING HOME

Options
2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Eloquent
    Thomas, everyone on this board is always so eloquent. My own thoughts echo all the previous posts. I will only add that my experience with my mother with Hospice was a very positive one. They kept her very comfortable and they were supportive of her as well as my sister, brother and I. If I remember correctly, they have info available that would be able to help you tell your children and answer questions they may have.

Your family is so very lucky to have you. Sally

Thomas ... Both you and Leslie have been thru so much,
    life has dealt you a raw deal .. young children in the mix. You are a BRAVE sole, and loving husband ... you have never waiver with your commitment or love for Leslie and your family.

I have not tibits of information to offer ... all I have to offer are my prayers, and strength ...

May God our lord send you and your family 'Angels' to hold you upright during this very difficult time. May Leslie feel the presence of Love, God and Family around her - always.

Love and Prayers

Vicki Sam
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Sorry
    Thomas,

Sorry to hear this most recent news.

You, Lesley, and your kids will be in our prayers.

Wolfi
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Thomas
    I'm so sorry to hear that there is no hope left. Making that decision is very hard indeed. Hospice might also help with your family. I know it will be extremely difficult to talk to your children. You are such a compassionate man. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    What a strong, wonderful,
    What a strong, wonderful, loving husband and father you are. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Hugs to all of you,

Linda
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Thomas
    Prayers and thoughts are with you. What a great husband you are.
  • Giant Poodles
    Giant Poodles Member Posts: 79
    Options

What a strong, wonderful,
    What a strong, wonderful, loving husband and father you are. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Hugs to all of you,

Linda

I am praying for you and
    I am praying for you and your family. Put your strenght in Jesus Christ. This is a very hard time for you right now. Sometimes you cannot pray because you are so distressed, so let the prayers of others lift you and your family up.
    Rhonda
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Thomas
    Prayers and thoughts are with you. What a great husband you are.

Thomas
    I am so sorry for you and your family, I will pray for you and your family. Pray for wisdom as you talk to your children. You are such a wonderful husband.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Holding you
    Thomas, your beautiful wife, Lesley, and your sweet children in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate this situation that nobody should have to face.

Even if Lesley is not able to tell you in words, I have no doubts that she appreciates all you have done and continue to do for her and for your children. Nobody could ask for more.

I know that today is her birthday, and I can only imagine what a bittersweet day it must be for you. I hope that you have been able to celebrate her life on this day, and that you can keep at least a little part of that celebration with you for the rest of her days and beyond.

God Bless You,
    Cindy
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Prayers & Hugs
    I am glad you were able to bring Lesley home with you. This is a very trying period for your family and I feel tremendously for you. It is heartbreaking, but I am glad that you are together. Prayers and hugs to you all.
    BL
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Im so sorry
    I'm praying for your strength during this time. What a horrible time for you and your children. Blessing and prayers for you all. Katz
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Im so sorry
    I'm praying for your strength during this time. What a horrible time for you and your children. Blessing and prayers for you all. Katz

Heartbreak
    Doesn't come close to describing what I feel for your family. I'm sorry. Much love to you, Lesley and children.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options

Heartbreak
    Doesn't come close to describing what I feel for your family. I'm sorry. Much love to you, Lesley and children.

Thomas
    I'm so sorry for you and Lesley and Family.
    I do want to tell you that I had the opportunity to work with a Hospice team and they were truly awesome.
    My Best Friend was ill and the Hospice team came to her home and were so warm and compasionate, I dont know what else to say!
    Other than my prayers are with you and your Family.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Im so sorry

Sending prayers and
    Sending prayers and blessings to you and your wife.

Hugs, Jan
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options

Sending prayers and
    Sending prayers and blessings to you and your wife.

Hugs, Jan

So sorry....
    I am so sorry for your ordeal. We often forget that our life journey is not forever and that those we love may leave before us. She is very lucky to have the love of a good man. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. You have a special love and that never dies. Hugs.

Roseann
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Heartbreak

This is so sad. I am so
    This is so sad. I am so sorry Thomas. I hope that you have found some support from all of us here.

My prayers to your family.

Hugs, Angie
  • keep_on_going
    keep_on_going Member Posts: 21
    Options
    How brave you are
    How brave you are to take this step. It isn't easy to put Leslie's well fare over your feelings & sorrow
    Thoughts are with you, Leslie & the children
    Peace be with you.
  • winsomebulldog
    winsomebulldog Member Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am just so broken hearted
    I am just so broken hearted for you! I desperately wish there was something I could do to ease the grief you must be feeling at having to make this terribly difficult decision. All I can say is you both will be in my prayers. So sorry it has come to this for you both? God bless you both with peace, grace, & strength as you enter this next stage of the journey.

Hugs,

Jenn
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Dear Thomas,
    Sending prayers for you, Lesley and the rest of your family. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband.