I've not posted but still lurking

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
To all,
I have not been posting replies lately and I will tell you the reason.
I still have been lurking and reading.

I thought I would still have to go through Herceptin treatment until the middle of November because my ejection fraction dropped again but when I met with my new oncologist she stated that my EF(ejection fraction) had dropped 4 times while on Herceptin that the protocol is if it drops 3 time during Herceptin treatments then they should stop it no matter how long you have been on it. Well the protocol for Herceptin treatments is for one year and I had been on it for over a year so I have no more treatments.

I will have my port taken out on 10/14 and a little scared--it will be under general anesthesia and done at the hospital.

I have been working from home with my job for 6 wks and I love it.
Jake has kept me busy with his soccer and school.

He will start basketball next month.

I will keep posting jokes and replying when I can.

Hugs to all,
Margo

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Margo,
    thank you for the

Margo,
    thank you for the update. I love hearing about Jake and I love your jokes. I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well for you. You are such a dear and have been missed. Glad you and the gift of humor you bring are back.
    Stef
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    fauxma said:

Margo,
    thank you for the

Margo,
    thank you for the update. I love hearing about Jake and I love your jokes. I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well for you. You are such a dear and have been missed. Glad you and the gift of humor you bring are back.
    Stef

I'll be thinking of you on
    I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Keep the jokes coming, they brighten our day!

Sher
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Tommaseena, you are so brave
    Tommaseena, you are so brave and you are always in my thoughts and prayers! You are too busy bringing smiles and we forget what you are going through. Please let us know how you are doing. Sending big cyberhugs and healing.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Margo,
    It should go without

Margo,

It should go without saying that I have missed you posting, that I hope all goes well with port removal, and of course, that your health does not suffer from stopping Herceptin . But, this is a discussion board, if all things went without saying, how would any of us get hugs and support?!

So glad that you are enjoying working from home~ it also seems that jake is thriving! Hooray for that!

Blessings to you, Kindred Spirit!
    Claudia