I'm Done, I'm Done, I'm Done!!

Sher43009
Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finished my Herceptin yesterday. Sooo happy to be off that drug. I have all the little nasty side effects...running nose, sinus stuffiness, numbness in arms and legs, dizzy (ended up in the ER), not sleeping. It didn't effect my heart though so I'm very grateful for that. I have my 6 months mammogram in Nov. The last one in May had a lot of calcifications in both breasts so I'm playing the waiting game. I have to wait until after mammo to get my port removed.

Thanks to all who post on this board. I've learned a lot.
Sher

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Congratulations Sher great
    Congratulations Sher great news!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I'm soo happy for you to be
    I'm soo happy for you to be done. Hope the side effects go away quickly. I'm sure the mammo will come back clean. Happy dance Happy dance!!! Take care Kay
  • Sher43009

I'm soo happy for you to be
    I'm soo happy for you to be done. Hope the side effects go away quickly. I'm sure the mammo will come back clean. Happy dance Happy dance!!! Take care Kay

Happy Dance
    So funny you mentioned the "Happy Dance". When one of my nephews was a kid, he'd get so happy he did a little dance. We called it his happy dance. I was doing it yesterday morning as I was getting ready to go for the treatment.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    were you
    Congratualtions to you! Were you on Herceptin for a full year? It seems that even with the minor side effects, you're doing well. Best wishes on your mammogram next month (hard to believe that November is so close). Hope you remain cancer-free FOREVER!
    Marsha
  • Sher43009

were you
    Congratualtions to you! Were you on Herceptin for a full year? It seems that even with the minor side effects, you're doing well. Best wishes on your mammogram next month (hard to believe that November is so close). Hope you remain cancer-free FOREVER!
    Marsha

Thanks, Yes to the herceptin
    Thanks, Yes to the herceptin for a year. I did lumpectomy June 09, chemo Aug.-Oct.09, rads Nov.09-Jan.10. herceptin Nov.09-Oct. 10, tamoxefin on Feb.10.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Whoop! Whoop!
    It is so great to reach these milestones! Congratulations!

Hugs to you,
    Linda
  • pscheer
    pscheer Member Posts: 56 Member
    Congratulations!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    So good to hear!
    Always sweet to FINISH any treatment! Glad you're done :)

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    sea60 said:

So good to hear!
    Always sweet to FINISH any treatment! Glad you're done :)

Blessings,

Sylvia

Congrats Sher!
    Congrats Sher!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Kylez said:

Congrats Sher!
    Congrats Sher!

Congratulation Sher

Congratulation Sher
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Hooray for You!
    Congratulations on finishing up with Herceptin! What an AWESOME feeling! Go celebrate your milestone!
    BL
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

Hooray for You!
    Congratulations on finishing up with Herceptin! What an AWESOME feeling! Go celebrate your milestone!
    BL

YEA!!
    Congratulations!! it feels so good to finish each step!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

were you
    Marsha

Big congrats to you! This
    Big congrats to you! This is wonderful news!

Hugs, Megan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    pscheer said:

Congratulations!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

You are finished! Big
    You are finished! Big congrats to you!

Hugs, Lex
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

YEA!!
    Congratulations!! it feels so good to finish each step!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

congrats
    congrats to you Sher.
    My last Herceptin treatment was 7/30 wasn't expecting to end then but my new oncologist said since I have been on it for over a year it was time to end it.
    I will be having my port taken out Thursday the 14th under general anesthesia.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • pattic
    pattic Member Posts: 23
    Awesome feeling, no?
    My last herceptin was this Tuesday! I know exactly how you are feeling. I bought a celebration cake for the family, says "It's Over!". We had cake for breakfast today. My port (aka "my chest elbow") comes out 11/19 - little anxiety over that, the procedure I mean, really looking forward to it being gone.

Congrats to you!!
  • Sher43009

congrats
    congrats to you Sher.
    My last Herceptin treatment was 7/30 wasn't expecting to end then but my new oncologist said since I have been on it for over a year it was time to end it.
    I will be having my port taken out Thursday the 14th under general anesthesia.

Hugs,
    Margo

Hi Margo
    So happy you're having your port out. I'll be thinking of you!

Sher
  • Sher43009
    pattic said:

Awesome feeling, no?
    My last herceptin was this Tuesday! I know exactly how you are feeling. I bought a celebration cake for the family, says "It's Over!". We had cake for breakfast today. My port (aka "my chest elbow") comes out 11/19 - little anxiety over that, the procedure I mean, really looking forward to it being gone.

Congrats to you!!

Chest Elbow
    Very appropriate name! Awesome feeling--you bet! From what I've read on this board the port removal is a "piece of cake" compared to everything else. I'll be thinking of you.

Sher
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Hooray for You!
    BL

Huge congrats on being
    Huge congrats on being done!

Lex♥
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sher
    congrats on finishing Herceptin. Sending you cyber {{hugs}} for a clean mammo next month.
    {{hugs}} Char