Finished !!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Me, too!
    Congratulations. I had my last chemo (Taxotere and cytoxin) 2 weeks ago. See the radiation oncologist tomorrow. I'm really weak after this last chemo and hope I, too, can have a longer break before starting radiation, but there's a part of me that wants these treatments over and done with asap. I'm actually a little depressed with the chemo behind me and the thought of radiation ahead. This stupid disease is fraught with unexpected emotional peaks and valleys. I lost about 15 lbs. during chemo. Not sure why. I did have days each cycle where food was just awful and my appetite was nil, but I made sure I ate. Everyone is different.

Suzanne
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Me, too!
    Congratulations. I had my last chemo (Taxotere and cytoxin) 2 weeks ago. See the radiation oncologist tomorrow. I'm really weak after this last chemo and hope I, too, can have a longer break before starting radiation, but there's a part of me that wants these treatments over and done with asap. I'm actually a little depressed with the chemo behind me and the thought of radiation ahead. This stupid disease is fraught with unexpected emotional peaks and valleys. I lost about 15 lbs. during chemo. Not sure why. I did have days each cycle where food was just awful and my appetite was nil, but I made sure I ate. Everyone is different.

Suzanne

Congrats on finishing! I am
    Congrats on finishing! I am so happy for you!
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    Kylez said:

Congrats on finishing! I am
    Congrats on finishing! I am so happy for you!

Congrats on your last chemo
    Congrats on your last chemo treatment. I too was on the trial for Herceptin. Next month will be my last Herceptin. Cant wait! Reg the weight loss, I too gained over 20 lbs and I have lost about 12 lbs so far since my last chemo taxatere and carboplatin back in March. Im sure I would have lost more if it wasnt cause I was never into exercising and still not, just cant motivate myself enough to do it, so I just have to be patient & continue with good eating habits (though I cheat, alot!) So it will be awhile before I get back to my pre-chemo weight.
  • new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

Congrats on your last chemo
    Congrats on your last chemo treatment. I too was on the trial for Herceptin. Next month will be my last Herceptin. Cant wait! Reg the weight loss, I too gained over 20 lbs and I have lost about 12 lbs so far since my last chemo taxatere and carboplatin back in March. Im sure I would have lost more if it wasnt cause I was never into exercising and still not, just cant motivate myself enough to do it, so I just have to be patient & continue with good eating habits (though I cheat, alot!) So it will be awhile before I get back to my pre-chemo weight.

Thank you all so much for you encouraging words...
    I come into work today and everyone surprised me with a celebration breakfast in honor of my last treatment and then my girlfriend that lives in Nashville is running in the 5K Susan G Koman race in my honor and has posted a web page. I have been so emotional all day from everything - Crying for happiness it is. I just can't believe what everyone has done for me. It makes me feel special.

Love, Kelly
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Congrats, Kelly
    and enjoy the "time off". Isn't it awful that the meds make you gain weight then they give you more meds cause you gained the weight.
    Hope your holidays are awesomely wonderful. Congratulations again on finishing.

marge
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Kelly,
    Hooray for the chemo

Kelly,
    Hooray for the chemo finish. Yah!!
    Stef
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Kelly,
    Hooray for the chemo

Kelly,
    Stef

as they say
    As they say, "another step of the journey is behind you, and a new one about to be taken". So happy the chemo is done and best wishes on the Herceptin!
    Marsha
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

as they say
    As they say, "another step of the journey is behind you, and a new one about to be taken". So happy the chemo is done and best wishes on the Herceptin!
    Marsha

Congrats! Now you can
    Congrats! Now you can really enjoy your holidays!

Hugs, Megan
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Kelly,
    Hooray for the chemo

Kelly,
    Stef

Congratulations! Here is
    Congratulations! Here is your diploma for graduating from chemo!

Sue :)
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Kelly,
    Great news!!! My last chemo really kicked my butt too (I only had 4). I've had 2 treatments of Herceptin alone and no problems at all!!!! I actually gained about 20 lbs. too. I had just lost weight through Weight Watchers before this breast cancer crap. So now, I have to get back on track.

By the way, any grandbaby yet? Hugs, Jean
  • new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Kelly,
    Great news!!! My last chemo really kicked my butt too (I only had 4). I've had 2 treatments of Herceptin alone and no problems at all!!!! I actually gained about 20 lbs. too. I had just lost weight through Weight Watchers before this breast cancer crap. So now, I have to get back on track.

By the way, any grandbaby yet? Hugs, Jean

HI Jean
    When did you finish? Hopefully pretty soon I can begin feel strong enough to get back to my diet and exercise. Little too winded now.

Yep, grandbaby came Sept 29th - Adean Duane 7 lbs 15oz's 20 inch. I'll posting pictures shortly. We have been totally enjoying him. took 3 days from work to help out this week.
    Love being a grandma - nothing better. :)

Love, Kelly