Moving Day!

Options
2»

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

The BIg Valley
    Congratulations on the big move. I am impressed with your ability to have stayed in an apartment that long...oh wait...rent control...got it. Blessings to you both, I'd send you some damned pink toaster or iron as housewarming gift if I had the address. The breast cancer awareness hot rollers are much too personal for this occasion.

Best wishes, truly!

Life is all about changes,
    and this sounds like a good one! Congrats to you both. Enjoy life!

Hugs, Renee
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Even though moving is hard
    You have a great new life to look forward to. Wishing you both many more years together.

Hugs
    Georgia
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hope the Move Goes Smoothly!
    I'm sure it will. But if not, another pint of Ben & Jerry's should make it better! And of course more GLEE! I love that show! It was really good lastnight too! :)

Sally
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    So??
    where's our invitation to the housewarming party? You will share your
    ben and jerry's won't you???

Traci, I am so happy for you that you have love and caring in your life.
    it's hard to be single... As soon as they cut me loose. I will be hunting
    high and low for someone to love.. hahaha just a fair warning, mother's
    hide your sons. I am going to pull a Lady Gaga, I will follow around till
    you love me.. hihi

Burly movers, hunh?? Do THEY need some help maybe?

I want to hang with you california ladies, you seem fun!!

Ayse
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    OUR TRACI IS ON THE MOVE!
    How exciting a new page in the life of Traci! :-) I can only imagine how stressful to be moving, but fun too because you get to see all the things you have accumulated over the last 17 years...oh boy! Ben and Jerry's oh how I love them! Say hi to the other Trace for me wish you two well on your new life adventure!

★•.•´RE`•.•★
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    RE said:

OUR TRACI IS ON THE MOVE!
    How exciting a new page in the life of Traci! :-) I can only imagine how stressful to be moving, but fun too because you get to see all the things you have accumulated over the last 17 years...oh boy! Ben and Jerry's oh how I love them! Say hi to the other Trace for me wish you two well on your new life adventure!

★•.•´RE`•.•★

Thank you all!
    THANK YOU all for sharing your stories, your support and e-hugs. Everything with the actual movers part of the move last Saturday was shockingly easy and fast -- now I'm afraid that it may take me another 17 years just to get through all the boxes!

I do think I made the right decision about not living alone anymore. My girlfriend works at home, so I get to come home from work to a homecooked dinner just about every night. I feel kind of like a 1950s husband, but I could get used to this! :-)

Now to your questions:

- Cindy: I do get to order pizza from the same place I always order from -- even the same delivery guy, and he's so confused now, he doesn't know where to go!

- Penny: Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. Always. HOWEVER, now that I don't live alone anymore, I can't just eat out of the pint. My girlfriend gave me "THE LOOK" last night when I tried to do that. Buzzkill. >:-(

- Ayse: Sorry, neither of the movers looked like potential suitors for you. One of them was a short middle-aged ex-rocker guy (gray hair + receding hairline + ponytail), and had a girlfriend, and the other looked like he was 16, with enormous goth earrings (he was actually 21). I was not optimistic when those two hopped out of the moving van, but they turned out to be 100% professional, polite, funny, and very good at what they do.

It's so good to be back with all of you.

Traci
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Thank you all!
    THANK YOU all for sharing your stories, your support and e-hugs. Everything with the actual movers part of the move last Saturday was shockingly easy and fast -- now I'm afraid that it may take me another 17 years just to get through all the boxes!

I do think I made the right decision about not living alone anymore. My girlfriend works at home, so I get to come home from work to a homecooked dinner just about every night. I feel kind of like a 1950s husband, but I could get used to this! :-)

Now to your questions:

- Cindy: I do get to order pizza from the same place I always order from -- even the same delivery guy, and he's so confused now, he doesn't know where to go!

- Penny: Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. Always. HOWEVER, now that I don't live alone anymore, I can't just eat out of the pint. My girlfriend gave me "THE LOOK" last night when I tried to do that. Buzzkill. >:-(

- Ayse: Sorry, neither of the movers looked like potential suitors for you. One of them was a short middle-aged ex-rocker guy (gray hair + receding hairline + ponytail), and had a girlfriend, and the other looked like he was 16, with enormous goth earrings (he was actually 21). I was not optimistic when those two hopped out of the moving van, but they turned out to be 100% professional, polite, funny, and very good at what they do.

Traci

Traci,
    Glad you are moved if

Traci,
    Glad you are moved if not unboxed yet. I still have some boxes that I haven't gone through. They are photos and frames and I am opening them when I need to look for a frame to hang something. Some are books that I have already read but hated to part with. It's been 7 months since they were boxed and I think I will just good will them. We did a lot of downsizing but frankly we could have done even more. I have a new policy, if I don't use it for over 6 months I don't need it. We have a lovely blender that we rarely use and I am giving it to my daughter. Her's is on its last legs and they use it all the time. As far as eating directly from the ice cream containers. Don't tell anyone but I do that when no one is looking. SH!! I can picture your poor pizza guy when you had your first order delivered to the new place. Priceless. You definitely sound like you made the right choice. It's nice to have someone waiting for you when you come home and having a homecooked dinner is just gravy on the roast.
    Enjoy your new home.
    Stef
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Thank you all!

Now to your questions:

Traci

GLAD
    I am so GLAD that your move is now complete.

When my ex-husband was at home all the time because he was retired there was never a meal cooked for me when I got home.

Now that I work from home Jake and I have a home cooked meal just about every night and eat at a normal time 5:30ish which is wonderful. Before it was so hard that I would have to do a menu and plan ahead so that we were not eating at 7:30 and going to bed at 8. I start the meal before I go and pick him up at aftercare at the school and the meal or most of it is done by the time we get home.

Maybe some day I will have someone in my life that will cook for me or at least take turns.

Hugs to you both,
    Margo
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Thank you all!

Now to your questions:

Traci

Traci,
    Glad to hear that your move went smooth. Yes, it might take awhile to go through all the boxes. I'm sure you know where the important things that you need are already. So don't worry rushing through the others.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    fauxma said:

Traci,
    Glad you are moved if

Traci,
    Glad you are moved if not unboxed yet. I still have some boxes that I haven't gone through. They are photos and frames and I am opening them when I need to look for a frame to hang something. Some are books that I have already read but hated to part with. It's been 7 months since they were boxed and I think I will just good will them. We did a lot of downsizing but frankly we could have done even more. I have a new policy, if I don't use it for over 6 months I don't need it. We have a lovely blender that we rarely use and I am giving it to my daughter. Her's is on its last legs and they use it all the time. As far as eating directly from the ice cream containers. Don't tell anyone but I do that when no one is looking. SH!! I can picture your poor pizza guy when you had your first order delivered to the new place. Priceless. You definitely sound like you made the right choice. It's nice to have someone waiting for you when you come home and having a homecooked dinner is just gravy on the roast.
    Enjoy your new home.
    Stef

Cousin Traci I didnt get an
    Cousin Traci I didnt get an invite to the house warming yet. Do you think it may be lost in the mail? 3 cheers to Traci and Tracey. So happy you are no longer living alone. Now about that B&J - so whats so terrible with a spoonful right out of the carton. I do it all the time, but I do it when he is not looking.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your Move
    It's great to hear the move went well and you are officially in your new home with Trace and family! The next phase( unpacking) can be done little by little.
    BL
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options

Congrats on your Move
    It's great to hear the move went well and you are officially in your new home with Trace and family! The next phase( unpacking) can be done little by little.
    BL

Glad your move went well...
    best wishes for a wonderful new place to call home! Nothing better than love that's true and home cooked meals!!! Yay for you!
    much love,
    -Jenny
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Glad your move went well...
    best wishes for a wonderful new place to call home! Nothing better than love that's true and home cooked meals!!! Yay for you!
    much love,
    -Jenny

Glad the move went well and
    Glad the move went well and you are back. My husband eats out of the carton his way of saying "this is mine" !!!
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Thank you all!

Now to your questions:

Traci

Congratulations on your new
    Congratulations on your new life together! Take your time unpacking all those boxes and you may find that as time goes on you may not need all the "stuff" in your new home. There's nothing like a home cooked meal to come home to...lucky you! So happy for both of you :>
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Blessings on you Both...
    Congratulations and may your new home be filled with love and joy!
    Hugs - Pat
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Thank you all!

Now to your questions:

Traci

It is so good to have you
    It is so good to have you back! Glad the move went well. And have some B&J's for me as I can't find it much around here :-(
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Blessings on you Both...
    Congratulations and may your new home be filled with love and joy!
    Hugs - Pat

Traci .. Yay .. you made it ..
    Now for those boxes .. My suggestion - if after 8 months (time permitting and Trace) if you do not find a home for those things, perhaps it's time to part company .. and donate what has not found a home to local charities.

If not, perhaps you can rent out a room next to at 1 of your neighbor's .. and step you a private 'Traci' space. A place to visit when you are ready to go off the deep end -:( LOL

Happy to know that 'you are home' now.

Vicki Sam