Onc appointment today - one year since surgery

Options
Wolfi
Wolfi Member Posts: 425
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone.

I have my oncology appointment today and am not sure what to expect. They have me scheduled for lab work which I'm assuming is some kind of blood test but I'm not sure. In a way I'm looking forward to my appointment since it's been a year since my surgery. I want to walk in and have him tell me "Everything's fine, come back next year." I am a little afraid to go since I have been having some pretty bad arm and neck pain for the past two weeks. I don't know what other tests he can order for me to see if my bc has returned. My husband will be with me so everything will be ok no matter what the tests reveal. I am a little excited because I get to spend the whole day with my husband - it's like a "date" day. :-)

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Love date days, or, nights,
    Love date days, or, nights, for that matter! LOL I don't know what I would do without the continued strength and support of my husband either Wolfi. He has been a saint!

Wishing you good luck today and sending you prayers too,

Jan
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Love date days, or, nights,
    Love date days, or, nights, for that matter! LOL I don't know what I would do without the continued strength and support of my husband either Wolfi. He has been a saint!

Wishing you good luck today and sending you prayers too,

Jan

thinking of you
    I am sending positive energy your way and prayers that the Onc will tell you to Dance with NED in celebration. So glad that your husband will be there to support you no matter the news and that you can make it a special "date"day.
    Hugs, K
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Date day
    at the oncologist's could be pleasant???? It will be comforting to you to have your husband with you whether you get all clear results or anything else... Good luck.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Date day
    at the oncologist's could be pleasant???? It will be comforting to you to have your husband with you whether you get all clear results or anything else... Good luck.
    {{hugs}} Char

I will be waiting to hear
    I will be waiting to hear you are Dancing with NED! Cause I know that is what you will be posting. Good luck to you!

Sue :)
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Wolfi,
    Hope it is a breeze

Wolfi,
    Hope it is a breeze of an appointment and that you get nothing but good news.
    Stef
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Back from date day...
    There was a little bit of a scare when my doctor thought my arm pain may have been due to a blood clot. A blood test and ultrasound turned out negative so no further treatment is necessary. I can use Tylenol if I need it for my arm pain and I have to go to the PT to get a compression sleeve.

Everything else was fine (and my husband and I had a great lunch together). :-)

Thanks everyone.

Wolfi
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Back from date day...
    There was a little bit of a scare when my doctor thought my arm pain may have been due to a blood clot. A blood test and ultrasound turned out negative so no further treatment is necessary. I can use Tylenol if I need it for my arm pain and I have to go to the PT to get a compression sleeve.

Thanks everyone.

Wolfi

Be sure the person is a
    Be sure the person is a certified Lymphademologist - all aren't and even some of the ones that are certified do not all have experience with breast cancer caused lymphadema.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Back from date day...

Thanks everyone.

Wolfi

Congrats Wolfi! And, you
    Congrats Wolfi! And, you had a great lunch with your hubby too! A great day indeed!
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Date Day
    Remember the days before cancer when dates were dinner, movies, picnics, snuggling . . .but how great that your honey will be there with you when the doctor tells you that everything is fine and at most you need some exercises for your arm. That's what's going to happen you know. And when the appt is over there'll be lunch or dinner and . . .
    Let us know what happens.

marge
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Back from date day...

Thanks everyone.

Wolfi

Wolfi
    glad to hear all went well and a nice lunch too!
    Char
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Date Day
    Remember the days before cancer when dates were dinner, movies, picnics, snuggling . . .but how great that your honey will be there with you when the doctor tells you that everything is fine and at most you need some exercises for your arm. That's what's going to happen you know. And when the appt is over there'll be lunch or dinner and . . .
    Let us know what happens.

marge

Congratulations!
    on you double date. I am sure that you husband was ok about NED, no jealousy to this guy!
    hugs