flying to NYC for Making Strides

lizzie17
lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My youngest daughter works in NYC and they have a team for Making Strides. I have been invited to go as a survivor!! I am SO excited to share this experience with her.
Just booked my flight.

Comments

• KateCarroll
    KateCarroll Member Posts: 3
    NYC
    How exciting. I am from NY and my brother is walking and fundraising for Making Strides in the Hudson Valley (and hour north of the city). I live in Raleigh, NC now and walked on Saturday. It was my first event since diagnosis and where I thought I would be an emotional wreck, it was empowered. It was wonderful. On Sunday, I attend a Komen PINKFEST and that was also great. I finished chemo in August and half way through Radiation now. Enjoy the Walk - it will be alot of fun. Wish I could make it up to NY to attend too.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

NYC
    How exciting. I am from NY and my brother is walking and fundraising for Making Strides in the Hudson Valley (and hour north of the city). I live in Raleigh, NC now and walked on Saturday. It was my first event since diagnosis and where I thought I would be an emotional wreck, it was empowered. It was wonderful. On Sunday, I attend a Komen PINKFEST and that was also great. I finished chemo in August and half way through Radiation now. Enjoy the Walk - it will be alot of fun. Wish I could make it up to NY to attend too.

What an exciting adventure for you! Love, Live every
    moment ... You deserve it!

Strength and Courage:D

Vicki Sam
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Also walking in Making strides Lizzie
    I will be walking with my hospital's team (I am a patient and I work there.)I will be part of the NYP hospital team What group are you walking with? How exciting.
    Hugs,K
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

NYC

Have a great time Lizzie!

Have a great time Lizzie!