Good Inexpensive Wigs Fast

Granny_D
Granny_D Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My sister and I survived breast cancer for the past 7 years, but now she has been diagnosed with lung cancer. We both gave our wigs away after the chemo did it's job. YEAH!
But now my poor sis needs a short brown wig to cover her head. She had 3 treatments last week so in two weeks she will be bald again. Can anyone help? She's in a rehab center in Dayton Ohio and I am here in VA. Cancer and a bad economy have left us in poverty at this time and we can't afford the wigs at TLC. Maybe there is another source of usable wigs out there around $10 or $12?? Used is good too.
Thanks,
Granny_D

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    The American Cancer Society
    The American Cancer Society has them for free. The one close to me has some new and some used but in good shape. Your sister should be able to call, I am pretty sure they have an 800 number and hopefully there is one close to her. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

The American Cancer Society
    The American Cancer Society has them for free. The one close to me has some new and some used but in good shape. Your sister should be able to call, I am pretty sure they have an 800 number and hopefully there is one close to her. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

ACS
    Boppy is right! Contact the American Cancer Society as they do have wigs for free. Their number is on this website. Sending prayers and hugs!

Sue :)
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Contact the local American
    Contact the local American Cancer Society office in the town. Our local one has wigs available as does the Patient Navigator at the CCI I went to. Check with the Look Good Feel Better program. The Salon Owner, who is involved with it through the CCI, has quite a few wigs for those in need. There is another salon in town that also has some.

My first wig was given me by the Salon Owner and I loved it - for the most part. Unfortunatly where I live the wind blows continually especially in the winter and it didn't do good in the wind - It screamed WIG. So I wore my multitude of scarfs I had made til VA bought me a really cute short frosted wig.

Check around - there are places that do have wigs (free) for those in need. If one doesn't work just keep asking. Good Luck!

Susan