driving

pinkflutterby
pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone been told not to drive? Since I have had seizures I cant drive and I hate it!!!

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Can't stand it
    I have been able to drive with all this BC stuff, except the day of lumpectomy. I did have knee surgery a few years ago and could not drive for about 2 weeks I could not stand it. Hope it will not be long till you can drive again. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Can't stand it
    I have been able to drive with all this BC stuff, except the day of lumpectomy. I did have knee surgery a few years ago and could not drive for about 2 weeks I could not stand it. Hope it will not be long till you can drive again. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

during chemo I was too sick
    during chemo I was too sick to drive, I would get dizzy too. it stunk. one of my daughter's friends mom had brain mets, and could not drive either. She was able to once she recovered, this was 6 years ago and although I dont see her anymore she is still here and driving!!!!!
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    The only 2 times I was told
    The only 2 times I was told that I couldn't drive was when I left the hospital after port implant (Hubby took me home) and when I left the day after surgery (Son took me home). I took myself to all my appt., chemos and rads - my choice. I was told to do whatever I felt like doing so I did. But I've never had a seizure.

6 weeks this past summer, I gave a gentleman daily rides to the CCI for rads for brain cancer. His Drs did not want him driving himself there because he had had a seizure before Dx'd.

Thoughts and prayers!

Susan
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I did not drive
    after mastectomy surgery, port placement or for my 1st 2 chemo's. I was unable to drive for 18 months after breaking both shoulders. I had to quit my job of 18 years and was totally dependent on others. I couldn't shower or dress myself. This was life changing for me more so than getting dx of bc! I am on SS disability because of it and have a 2# weight limit for picking anything up.
    Char