Scar tissue?

webbwife50
webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I posted a similar post but am going to define my query a little better. I have tram-flap scars, they run in an oval circle above and under each of my breast mounds that were created last Dec. I am having some discomfort, they feel tight and have not broken down much. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for this? Thank you all for being here, I love each and every one of you! God Bless...Alison

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I wonder if it could be
    scar tissue forming? That sometimes can cause discomfort. Are you going for a check up any time soon? I would definitely let your doc know.

Hope all goes well,

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • lovs2decorate
    lovs2decorate Member Posts: 44
    tram flap scars / discomfort.
    Hi Alison,

I had tram-flap reconstruction on April 30th. My plastic surgen told me to moisturize lots on all my scars. A good amount have softened up nicely. There are certin parts where the scar is thicker and has not softened up as much. Those areas seem to be, from looking at them, to have a larger amount of skin stitched together. I find those areas to be more sensitive to touch, and feel better when I put lotion on them afer my morn. / eve. showers.

Do you have areas of hard fat in the mounds that were created for you? I have several that were there when I woke-up from surgery. I am told they are called fat necosis. (not sure on spelling). I have to go back in in November to have them scraped out (another set of those rotten drains). Then after another 3 -4 months they will do a fat graph from my hips to fill up the new set. I also have "holes" where the fat settled out and needs to be filled back up. Have you had any settling? Did you use any implants with your tram-flap reconstruction?

The health food store sells some really nice lotions that may help with the softening. I hope things get more comfortable for you soon!

Hugs,
    Justine