Quick Question...4 months post treatment

cujuja4evr
cujuja4evr Member Posts: 106
edited March 2014 in Anal Cancer #1
I'm still seeing mucus when I have bowel movements. Should I be concerned?

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    I had that for quite awhile
    I had that for quite awhile after treatment ended. However, to ease your mind, why don't you just make a call to your doctor's nurse and report it so it can be passed on to the doc. I'm sure it will be viewed as normal after your treatment, but you will have peace of mind that way.
  • duckyann
    duckyann Member Posts: 159
    I am almost 16 months out
    I am almost 16 months out and still have mucus at times with my bm's. I just had an appt. with my colorectal doctor on Sept. 10th and asked him about it again and he said it is from the radiation and it will clear but it takes a good long time. As Martha said it wouldn't be a bad idea if you called your doctor just so that you feel relieved.
  • cujuja4evr
    mp327 said:

I had that for quite awhile
    I had that for quite awhile after treatment ended. However, to ease your mind, why don't you just make a call to your doctor's nurse and report it so it can be passed on to the doc. I'm sure it will be viewed as normal after your treatment, but you will have peace of mind that way.

Thanks
    I'm glad to hear that it's something to be expected and I can put my mind at ease. I will mention it to my onc on my next visit.
  • cujuja4evr
    duckyann said:

I am almost 16 months out
    I am almost 16 months out and still have mucus at times with my bm's. I just had an appt. with my colorectal doctor on Sept. 10th and asked him about it again and he said it is from the radiation and it will clear but it takes a good long time. As Martha said it wouldn't be a bad idea if you called your doctor just so that you feel relieved.

Thanks
    I can relax a bit. I was beginning to panic. This radiation really did a job on us, huh?