BC

Options
Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Need some positive input! Anyone out there with Stage 1 BC and only Radiology? Really scared of Chemo. Have appt. with Onc. tomorrow.

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Stage one
    I was diagnosed with stage one ... had a lumpectomy and thought all I'd need after that was radiation ... but it turned out that I DID need chemo. I couldn't believe what the oncologist was telling me because I am the biggest chicken on the planet when it comes to needles. I told him I just didn't think I could "do" it ... but he stressed that it was what I needed and that I COULD do it. He talked about having a port installed making it much easier for the infusions. For the next few days I tried to process what he had told me ... and accept the fact that I DID need chemo ... and I started talking to people about the port ... and the more I talked and listened ... I realized I COULD do it. And I DID do it! The port is the greatest invention EVER!!!

Whatever you need to do ... DO IT! You'll be amazed at how much inner strength you have.

hugs.
    teena
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    tgf said:

Stage one
    I was diagnosed with stage one ... had a lumpectomy and thought all I'd need after that was radiation ... but it turned out that I DID need chemo. I couldn't believe what the oncologist was telling me because I am the biggest chicken on the planet when it comes to needles. I told him I just didn't think I could "do" it ... but he stressed that it was what I needed and that I COULD do it. He talked about having a port installed making it much easier for the infusions. For the next few days I tried to process what he had told me ... and accept the fact that I DID need chemo ... and I started talking to people about the port ... and the more I talked and listened ... I realized I COULD do it. And I DID do it! The port is the greatest invention EVER!!!

Whatever you need to do ... DO IT! You'll be amazed at how much inner strength you have.

hugs.
    teena

As teena stated .. we are so much stronger than we
    realize - and to have our wonderful site -ACS - Breast Cancer forum board. We truly do not know how lucky and fortune we are.

We WARRIORS can do anything we set our minds to. . . . speaking from experience. Cancer is scary assssss term - our lives and worlds are turned upside down. We hit the walls of our home, or jobs for days - not knowing what to do. Terminology is thrown at us, just we think we had enough - we are told that we will endure 4 cycles, 6 cycles or 12 cycles of chemo therapy - but not to worry, you may be 'tired', and the only side effort is ... you will lose your hair. If you are lucky - you will endure Radiation, where you get burned, and zapped.

Research, read and ask as many questions as possible, or at least to settle you and your mind until your next visit with the oncologist. Visit website .. chemocure.com just a a starter -- information is available in all avenues of press, internet or library.

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam