A great BIG THANK YOU ... WARRIORS - Sisters in PINK .. From Vicki Sam

Options
VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Things went smoothly .. except that I forgot my paperwork at home, health history - allergies etc. Slapped another one together right before entering my pre=op room. My surgerial room #8, same one my PS uses and I've frequented all 8 times - was crowded with all your Warrior's -- hardly seemed fair that my PS and staff had such a small space to work in - HAHA! This again ... proves that the POWER of SISTERHOOD, WARRIORS AND PRAYERS -Work! I went in talking and smiling - about our ACS - Breast Cancer site, sisterhood of wonderful women - Warriors - and all the 'Women' in my surgerical room had tears running down their faces - then I started to cry - what an awesome, and surreal bonding experience, that I will never forget. Thanks to all of you -

Arrived home a little before 5:00 p.m. my blood pressure held firm at 158/82 ... down from last go around 180, and beyond durning my chemo treatments .. i tapped out at 210/120 --several months ago. Spooky :-) .. walking, no salt or sugar really helps with keeping blood pressure under control .. did I mention that I enjoy 1 to 2 cups of coffee per day --"OUCH", love my caffeine coffee -- down from 8 cups per day.

Best part of all is that I did get one of those ... 1950's thick, heavy nylon bra's with the velcro straps .. yes, I know you are all jealous .. heavy - thick, extra nylon - shinny! I think my PS office copied the design from one of the many on display - at the Smithsonian in DC. Ick - talk about hot and binding - oh well just have to sport this bad girl around for 8 days, make that 7 now!

I'm home, I relieved and I'm doing good. Best of all, I slept 8 hours straight for the first time in - ages! Insomina did not keep me company, at all last night.

Thank you all again ..

Warrior - Sister in PINK, Vicki Sam

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! Vicki, you
    Way to go!!!! Vicki, you have the best sense of humor and outlook than most. I'm glad everything went well and you are now home recovering. I am also certain that you are now finished, yes, you read correctly, finished with surgeries. Give yourself time to recover and enjoy those cups of coffee. I LOVE my coffee, too!!
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Options
    so happy to see your post!
    oh vicki sam, so happy that it all went well for you! jealous about the shiny bra - but i did have a blow-up gown in pre-op so there!

hope all continues to go well for you. you and all my sisters in pink are in my daily prayers!

sending you hugs and prayers, heidi
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    Options
    You Go Girl!!! Saw a shirt
    You Go Girl!!! Saw a shirt that reminded me of you at Disney yesterday...
    YES I AM A WOMAN
    YES I UNDERSTAND THE GAME
    YES I WATCH ESPN
    You were talking about your football games...I thought can't wait to tell her...love, shy
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    heidijez said:

so happy to see your post!
    oh vicki sam, so happy that it all went well for you! jealous about the shiny bra - but i did have a blow-up gown in pre-op so there!

hope all continues to go well for you. you and all my sisters in pink are in my daily prayers!

sending you hugs and prayers, heidi

Happy News
    I am so glad to hear that things went so well for you! Prayers definitely work! This is an amazing place to get support and from your shiny bra too!! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Way to go!!!! Vicki, you
    Way to go!!!! Vicki, you have the best sense of humor and outlook than most. I'm glad everything went well and you are now home recovering. I am also certain that you are now finished, yes, you read correctly, finished with surgeries. Give yourself time to recover and enjoy those cups of coffee. I LOVE my coffee, too!!

Welcome back Vicki Sam!
    I am soooooooooo glad that your surgery is over now and that you got some sleep and even feel well enough to post here! You are amazing!

I realized your surgery room was crowded when one of the nurses kept giving me dirty looks, but, I figured..Hey, I have a right to be here, just like the other sisters in pink. lol Vicki Sam needs us here for support and we are ALL staying!

I am glad you can enjoy your coffee. I hate coffee! Not sure why, but, I do love my hot tea. So, you just have a cup of java and just relax!

Please continue to try and get sleep Vicki Sam as you just had major surgery.

We aren't going anywhere! We are right here for you always!

One of your sisters in pink that is happy for you,

Sue :)
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

You Go Girl!!! Saw a shirt
    You Go Girl!!! Saw a shirt that reminded me of you at Disney yesterday...
    YES I AM A WOMAN
    YES I UNDERSTAND THE GAME
    YES I WATCH ESPN
    You were talking about your football games...I thought can't wait to tell her...love, shy

Hmmm...
    You said you're not working right now. Why not market your pretty new bra???? I'm sure it would sell like ot cakes. (What is a hot cake? A pancake?) You could start a whole new retro trend.

Glad you're back. Glad you slept. Glad you're doing well.

xoxoxo
    Victoria
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Glad you are home. Love the
    Glad you are home. Love the bonding and omg I am LOL about the fifties bra. Rest, mend and get better fast.
    Stef
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Vicki Sam,
    Glad to hear things went well. Now it's time to rest & relax and get ready for a weekend of football! Hugs, Jean
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Glad surgery went ok. 50's
    Glad surgery went ok. 50's bra? Is that ones with points? Like cones? I don't remember 50's bras.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    VickiSam
    I am glad you have the surgery behind you and you came home in style! I know
    the type you are talking about, I am wearing one. = )

Glad you slept, doesn't it feeling amazing to wake up rested?

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Vicki such good news, so happy things went well and you are home and well rested with a new trophy bra to boot! Big gentle hugs coming your way!

(¯`v´¯)
    .`•.¸.•´
    ¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•..•¨*RE
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Wonderful to hear that you are done with surgery and are resting at home! I am glad that is out of the way and know you can concentrate on recovering. Well done! God bless.
    BL
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Wonderful to hear that you are done with surgery and are resting at home! I am glad that is out of the way and know you can concentrate on recovering. Well done! God bless.
    BL

WOW..you sound great. I
    WOW..you sound great. I did read a post from you and before you were leaving for your surgery, you were drinking a cup of coffee...i thought that was so funny, i guess because I did that one day right before a scan. I love my coffee too. Hope all goes well for you, and if you like John Travolta, get the new STAR magazine out tomorrow. they are dropping a big bombshell...hmm, i wonder what that could be!! Hoping for a speedy recovery, and try not to do too much, i swear you will pay later. love you
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Vicki Sam
    So glad to hear from you so soon after your surgery. Sounds like it went about as well as it could have, and now you're sporting a new accessory!

It was an honor to be there with you yesterday.

Love,
    Cindy
  • PAR5
    PAR5 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Vicki Sam
    So glad to hear from you so soon after your surgery. Sounds like it went about as well as it could have, and now you're sporting a new accessory!

It was an honor to be there with you yesterday.

Love,
    Cindy

{{{Hugs}}}
    Dear Vicki,
    So happy to hear you surgery went well! How wonderful to be surrounded and supported by such fantastic people. Sending you many {{{HUGS}}} and many prayers.

~PAT~
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    PAR5 said:

{{{Hugs}}}
    Dear Vicki,
    So happy to hear you surgery went well! How wonderful to be surrounded and supported by such fantastic people. Sending you many {{{HUGS}}} and many prayers.

~PAT~

Yes but did you get a pesto
    Yes but did you get a pesto recipe??? congrats on the new girls! glad everything went well, next you have to take a trip to Victoria Secret!!!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Its just like you to forget
    Its just like you to forget something...LOL! Besides how did you get away with drinking coffee before surgery...i tried that and only took 2 sips of pop to wash down my pills and they gave me a drug to counteract it and made me want to puke.
    Did they trade the blowup gown for the new trendy 50's bra...LOL! I was lucky and got BOTH! Those bras are the ugliest things and i think i had to wear mine for about 3 weeks maybe longer...cant remember...still chemo brain!!!
    Im really glad it went so well for you and that you at least got a goodnites sleep out of it.