Help With Chemo

Options
Help4Sis
Help4Sis Member Posts: 53
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My sister is starting her chemo treatments next week... I'm wondering, what can I do to help her through this emotionally? It seems like everything I say is wrong... I just try to listen and tell her how sorry I am that she is going through all this... anything else I can do? Thanks.

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    Your sister sounds a little
    Your sister sounds a little like me. I did tend to push people away some. I think I had this idea that I had to do it all myself, I thought. I did let my kids and their spouses help me some. I have no idea why I was like this. I took myself to every chemo and rads appt.I guess I needed to feel like I was in control of something that was going on. I think just letting her know you are there for her and that she can call on you at anytime is all you can do right now. Wish I could be of more help. When you are diagnosed it is just a lot to take in and deal with. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    I am very close to my three
    I am very close to my three sisters and usually tell them everything. However, when I was diagnosed I didn't immediately tell them because I wanted to spare them the pain I knew they would feel. I couldn't talk about my fears with crying. When I did open up it was emotional but I knew they had my back. I think the best thing they are doing for me is to let me take the lead on when I want to discuss things. I usually give them a 2 week update. Let your sister know that she can call you anytime day or night and like always you will be there for her. A sister's love is awesome!
    Sparkle