Options
2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    GayleMc said:

JoJo, I'm so sorry you were
    JoJo, I'm so sorry you were hurt like this. It speaks volumes that you didn't know what he was " getting At". You would never do anything like that to someone, family or not. You are strong and very, very, beautiful inside and out.

I dont really know what to
    I dont really know what to say thats printable. I have seen your pics and you are beautiful, you look beautiful in long or short hair. I definately have a shorter fuse than I used to and dont tolerate BS. Not a bad thing I think as I used to give people too much latitude. sometimes people even our dads are just stupid. Listen to us, we Know.!!
  • cejota
    cejota Member Posts: 24
    Options
    parents
    Jo-Jo,
    My mom is a bc survivor and my brother and sister are cancer survivors, too. Mom is getting a little dementia (or a lot) at 80 years old. I don't think she really knows what's gone on with me. Her comments on my hair or whatever can sometimes really hurt. Perhaps your dad is scared and really doesn't know what to say? Whatever the case, it doesn't feel good.
    Hugs to you,
    Chris
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    Men can be such P*i#$s. Oh
    Men can be such P*i#$s. Oh wait, I'm a man. Anyway, sometimes me and Donna wonder how she came out of the family she came from, and I see you have the same issue, except we know what happened with you: your aunt raised you!! You are a sensitive beautiful woman inside and out.

Like my sister keeps telling Donna "She's just not the mother you need right now". Your dad is just not the dad you need right now. Sorry you had to endure this bull when you have so much to deal with emotionally and physically.

Hugs

Bob
  • reeseslover1234
    reeseslover1234 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Way to go, Jo Jo!!!
    People sometimes just don't get it. Shouldn't he be thankful that his "short haired" daughter has survived cancer? I agree with you in the fact your aunt raised you in the right way. It's a shame some of our strength has to be zapped by idiots, isn't it. Keep fighting, Jo Jo!!! You are a WARRIOR in every sense of the word.

Reese